oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

28 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

downing though was having a great season before joined us in a new role in the middle as he wasn't as fast as he used to be, so we brought him back and put him back in his old roll because rest of the team was not as fast as him, but he still wasn't fast enough to play like he used to down there so was setup to fail, we should of played him like west ham played him and we may have had a much better experience with him

Rob i recall downing being played as a number 10 and being totally useless for us. so we stuck him out on the wing. believe he never got near the striker and left whatever poor sole it was totally isolated up there.

aw well lol, thought they never really give him a shot there but must of have forgot or not paid enough attention :)

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

theres a what we spotted from the training session article by the gazette up at the moment, where crooks comments how payero only knowing odd word here and there and needing an app to communicate still, just thought I'd mention it as was speculation that he was seen talking to tav. 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-spotted-middlesbroughs-players-returned-24258537

“I love Martin," Crooks told Teesside Live last season.

“My Grandma used to have a place in Majorca and I used to go out there a lot. I tell myself I know a lot of Spanish, but in reality it’s probably two or three words.

“But we use the translator app to try and speak, and then I’ve been trying to teach him words and he’s been trying to teach me words in Spanish. I just want to see him do well."

Payero endured a difficult first season at Boro, which was followed by summer speculation of a return to Banfield. But he's back on Teesside, hopefully niggle free and ready to make a pre-season impact.

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

theres a what we spotted from the training session article by the gazette up at the moment, where crooks comments how payero only knowing odd word here and there and needing an app to communicate still, just thought I'd mention it as was speculation that he was seen talking to tav. 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-spotted-middlesbroughs-players-returned-24258537

“My Grandma used to have a place in Majorca and I used to go out there a lot. I tell myself I know a lot of Spanish, but in reality it’s probably two or three words.

“But we use the translator app to try and speak, and then I’ve been trying to teach him words and he’s been trying to teach me words in Spanish. I just want to see him do well."

Payero endured a difficult first season at Boro, which was followed by summer speculation of a return to Banfield. But he's back on Teesside, hopefully niggle free and ready to make a pre-season impact.

That quote is old mate, it's from when Martin first joined.

48 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Doesnt he also not train? I remember Deeney saying something that Foster just turns up on the weekend and that was a few years ago. 

I refuse to believe that a professionel footballer just turns up on saturday to play a game and then won't be seen for another week. Sounds like Deeney was just taking the ***.

Just now, Borodane said:

you should be banned for that😡

Why? There was nothing inaccurate about what I said

14 minutes ago, Rob said:

This quote and information is from quite a long time ago, the Gazette have just used it as a bit of filler for this article.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

I refuse to believe that a professionel footballer just turns up on saturday to play a game and then won't be seen for another week. Sounds like Deeney was just taking the ***.

Foster confirmed that it wasn't too far from the truth.

I'm just waiting for yet the next clickbait headline:

"Romano close to securing Conte's number one Summer target"

"Romano announces Spence is nearly over the line"

"Why Conte will be relieved when Spence deal is completed"

"Spence arrival at Spurs imminent according to............"

and so on and so on!

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?