oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Apparently Preston paid 4m for Freddie Woodman. Couldn't believe it when i heard it. Wonder if they are offloading a certain Riis Jakobsen 

4m bit much that, wonder what they want for Darlow then ? Heaton or Butland seem to look far better value

12 minutes ago, "KM" said:

West Ham interested in Jones but you need to pay to read the article. 

"Middlesbrough’s Isaiah Jones is on West Ham’s radar too. The 22-year-old is capable of playing at right-back and excelled as a right wing-back under Chris Wilder’s guidance in the second half of last season. He scored once and registered nine assists last season for the Championship side. Jones signed a long-term contract in November, which runs until the summer of 2025. Similar to Michail Antonio, Jones started his career at non-League side Tooting & Mitcham."

Not much to it and I highly doubt they'd be willing to spend what we'd be wanting.

Edited by Will
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

4m bit much that, wonder what they want for Darlow then ? Heaton or Butland seem to look far better value

Darlow is likely on much bigger wages and still have three years on his contract. I googled 30k a week. They likely want his wages off the books to make room and at his age he probably won't have much resale value for the buying club. That should significantly lower his value. However I doubt we can/will match his wages so might need Newcastle to pay him off which might increase the price a bit. I'd much rather pay 6 million for Iversen than 4 million for Darlow though.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

As per above, there are signs that Coburn can become a good player too and he scored more goals in about half the time on the pitch. I think I'd rather we keep Coburn around than bring Balogun back. If nothing else, at least he's out player and we can reap the long-term rewards if it comes off.

why not both, Wilder plays with 2 strikers and 3 on the bench so we been 5 in total, we only have 2 currently (Coburn,watmore).

If we sign two new strikers to lead the lines, and had Balogun, watmore and coburn as the backups. I think we'd be nicely set

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I'd take balogun to be the other backup striker alongside watmore. I don't think he did bad, just went missing a lot and didn't really seem to have the ability or the confidence to even try to force his way into the game. But I think there are signs of a good player there.

No chance, you want your attacking subs to come on make an impact....he just doesn't have the minerals, maybe it was because he was being asked to come in from the left, I dont know! but for me it's a no thanks.

47 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

How many announced today then?

None and by 10:30am we will have descended into conversation about crisps, parmo's and how bad the sponsor logo is on the new shirt.....who knows we might even have a change of subject and discuss pizza toppings!

25 minutes ago, Will said:

"Middlesbrough’s Isaiah Jones is on West Ham’s radar too. The 22-year-old is capable of playing at right-back and excelled as a right wing-back under Chris Wilder’s guidance in the second half of last season. He scored once and registered nine assists last season for the Championship side. Jones signed a long-term contract in November, which runs until the summer of 2025. Similar to Michail Antonio, Jones started his career at non-League side Tooting & Mitcham."

Not much to it and I highly doubt they'd be willing to spend what we'd be wanting.

This is a no go, there is no way that any possible suiters see his value as being anywhere near what he is worth to us!

Edited by JonnyMFC
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, JonnyMFC said:

No chance, you want your attacking subs to come on make an impact....he just doesn't have the minerals, maybe it was because he was being asked to come in from the left, I dont know! but for me it's a no thanks.

never understood how people can write a 20-year-old player off after a 6month loan spell.

• Like 4
Just now, tmcc said:

never understood how people can write a 20-year-old player off after a 6month loan spell.

I'm not writing him off, im saying he was brought here to do a job for us.....I don't think he did it and therefore dont want him back!

Would you have Connolly back?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, tmcc said:

Never understood why people want someone back who's just proved that he doesn't have the desired impact. Fair enough if you think he did, but I'd rather try someone else than go back.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

I'm not writing him off, im saying he was brought here to do a job for us.....I don't think he did it and therefore dont want him back!

Would you have Connolly back?

But the way you talk makes it seem like you think hes done, To not take a player back cause they didnt set the world alight in 6 months just seems shortsighted.

Hes a hot prospect who was out on his first loan spell in a different club and only had 6 months here. During which he got 3 goals and 3 asssists in 10 games worth of games time. Not that bad at all for me.

Finally, who do we think we can get in better to play that back up striker role? We need to sign 3 strikers this Window, surely he's  not a bad shout as our 3rd striker.

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Never understood why people want someone back who's just proved that he doesn't have the desired impact. Fair enough if you think he did, but I'd rather try someone else than go back.

because 6 months isnt long enough to make a sweeping judgement on a player.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?