oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

Balogun isn't coming back so we really don't need pages of it being discussed 

Or you could just not contribute to the discussion or get your knickers in a twist about it. 👍

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I’m not too concerned that it has gone quiet.  Roberts was ‘done’ days ago before club released it.  I imagine there are two or three very close and will be announced over next few days.  Cant see club telling players to stay away if they weren’t confident of bringing replacements in.

Looks like Giles is/was recently on holiday too so that's probably adding to any potential delay in announcing. 

21 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Which means absolutely nothing. U21 international football is totally different ballgame to the Championship especially when  playing for massive favourites which England are bound to be. He's up against kids his own age and in 2022 England have played Andorra, Albania, Czechia, Kosovo and Slovenia. Hardly huge opponent and in that run he's only scored in big wins against Andorra and Albania. Those games mean nothing compared to mens football at Championship level. How many players from those teams would play in the Championship compared to the English team filled with Championship and Premier League players.

yeah I don't see it as truly competitive football and similar to the u23s, bar the top quality nations most of the national teams if the under 21s are good enough they probs getting stepped up to the main team anyways. But if its like England Vs a top nation then I would see it as more competitive as they have solid first national teams so the U21s are going to be more a fair game and competitive, but vs the nations that the u21s odds on should be beating the full national team I see as just a run out and preparation for the future

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

Balogun isn't coming back so we really don't need pages of it being discussed 

We have to discuss something as its all gone quiet.  Its either this or I resort to self gratification and tbh it already looks like a peperami so I think I will stick to pointless discussions on here! 😂 

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Looks like Giles is/was recently on holiday too so that's probably adding to any potential delay in announcing. 

Really hoping Giles comes in.  We need balance and to able to attack down both sides of the pitch rather than just focusing on Jones

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, tmcc said:

to be a first-team striker in the Under 21s speaks volumes about his ability. And again my point is he didn't do bad for us. He had 3 goals and 3 assists in 10 games worth of minutes. not bad at all.

Like Leroy Lita.

34 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

That is also the reason Coburn was pushed back to 5th choice and got less time on the pitch, though. My argument is he should be getting more, not that he should be pushed back again and certainly not for somebody with less goal input in our side, somebody we would have to justify the fee/wages we're paying by giving him a better chance than our own striker.

Balogun isn't going to come to be 4th/5th choice, he may not even come to be 3rd, I'm sure he'll have options where he'll be thought of more as the main striker. But when it comes to comparing the 2, Coburn has shown in that short space of time that he's more effective so maybe we should stop putting things in his way?

again, it needs saying. 3rd 4th choice get plenty of game time in a wilder side, if he came back and proved himself. in their first season in the prem Sheffield had   5 players in total player 20 games or more games, 4 strikers played 29+ games.

But i agree, would be happy for Coburn and a Balogun-type player to be our two main backups behind two strikers we bring in.

Edited by tmcc
10 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

I think you forget where you are mate 😂

Any further information on this mysterious second defender we're after.

Heard any other snippets?

It would be nice to have Leninhan, Giles and ideally a ST in before we start pre-season.

Why are some people presuming Giles is incoming?  

Apart from a snippet from notoriously unreliable rumour sites like football Insider and the like? Don’t get me wrong, I would be delighted if we got him for the season, but is their really any substance to it or is it just plain hope? Until Changing Times posts he has seen him having a Parmo with Scott in The Masham, I refuse to allow my hopes to be toyed with on this matter.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Why are some people presuming Giles is incoming?  

Apart from a snippet from notoriously unreliable rumour sites like football Insider and the like? Don’t get me wrong, I would be delighted if we got him for the season, but is their really any substance to it or is it just plain hope? Until Changing Times posts he has seen him having a Parmo with Scott in The Masham, I refuse to allow my hopes to be toyed with on this matter.

Football insider aren’t unreliable 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Jesus Leroy Lita.

Also known as the man incapable of scoring a hattrick because he always took his shirt off to celebrate

Good old Leroy. A legend around these parts - he was pretty good at lower league level but was a complete nutter. 

He scored the winner in Reading's first Premier League game (against Boro of course). I remember Boro being 2-0 up and sitting smugly next to my Dad in the home end listening to chants of "Welcome to the Premier League" from the away fans, then watching the slow-motion horror film of Reading coming back to win 3-2. Grim. 

Also remember a video he'd filmed of himself with a lady of the night being shared around school - back when you had to hold phones together and use bluetooth. He also famously drove to Bristol in his massive Hummer after a defeat and got glassed for burning £50 notes at the bar. Arrested for headbutting someone the same night.

Injured himself stretching in bed too which was also pretty funny. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?