oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

53 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

There was one game tho I can’t remember what it was as his errors are more prominent in my mind but I remember one game him making a good save to maybe get us a 0-0 near the end. Having said that he definitely made more errors that cost us points for sure. Hopefully the new keepers we bring in will make a big difference not only to point winning saves but giving the defenders more confidence. Can’t have been nice knowing Lumley was behind them last season. 

Agreed. A good goalkeeper should win you points (net) over the course of a season. Randolph was the best example of this. Gives a defender so much more confidence knowing he’s got a solid keeper behind him.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Any further information on this mysterious second defender we're after.

Heard any other snippets?

It would be nice to have Leninhan, Giles and ideally a ST in before we start pre-season.

Its the Hull lad. Its gone quiet though so not sure on latest with him. 

23 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Why are some people presuming Giles is incoming?  

Apart from a snippet from notoriously unreliable rumour sites like football Insider and the like? Don’t get me wrong, I would be delighted if we got him for the season, but is their really any substance to it or is it just plain hope? Until Changing Times posts he has seen him having a Parmo with Scott in The Masham, I refuse to allow my hopes to be toyed with on this matter.

It's mainly hope from my part. We need someone there and he was one of the best in that position last year and I doubt he's going to get playing time in the Premier League. He's 22 now so I don't think he's going to get a chance at Wolves in the future so I'm thinking they might want to sell now or put him in the shop window with a loan. Probably the latter with a team looking for promotion so they can get a decent price next summer if he does well like Spence and Jones. He's still contracted untill 2025 so they are in no rush to sell.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

I really hope we get Giles in

I asked a Blackburn supporting colleague about Giles and they weren't impressed with him. Said he had some talent (good cross), but lazy attitude. 

Though I can imaging Wilder being a bit tougher on the laziness than Tony (weren't there stories about players taking advantage of Tony when he was here as he didn't even imagine the possibility that any of the players would put in less than 100%). 

12 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Good old Leroy. A legend around these parts - he was pretty good at lower league level but was a complete nutter. 

He scored the winner in Reading's first Premier League game (against Boro of course). I remember Boro being 2-0 up and sitting smugly next to my Dad in the home end listening to chants of "Welcome to the Premier League" from the away fans, then watching the slow-motion horror film of Reading coming back to win 3-2. Grim. 

Also remember a video he'd filmed of himself with a lady of the night being shared around school - back when you had to hold phones together and use bluetooth. He also famously drove to Bristol in his massive Hummer after a defeat and got glassed for burning £50 notes at the bar. Arrested for headbutting someone the same night.

Injured himself stretching in bed too which was also pretty funny. 

There is a lot to unpack here!

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Football insider aren’t unreliable 

This. I'd say they're as reliable as they come for us at least.

• Like 1

The fact we announced both Roberts and Jonny’s extension yesterday makes me thing something else will be announced fairly soon. Surely they’d have strung it out a bit more and drip fed us if they thought nothing else was imminent.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JTG said:

The fact we announced both Roberts and Jonny’s extension yesterday makes me thing something else will be announced fairly soon. Surely they’d have strung it out a bit more and drip fed us if they thought nothing else was imminent.

Yeah good point, that's half a week's content they went through in an afternoon

Think it was because they are training now.

Lenihan is probably still away after internationals.  Imagine anyone else who is close will only be announced on day of first training session.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Think it was because they are training now.

Lenihan is probably still away after internationals.  Imagine anyone else who is close will only be announced on day of first training session.

This. If they are going to be on the training pitch they have to announce it otherwise they lose the newsfactor.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tmcc said:

again, it needs saying. 3rd 4th choice get plenty of game time in a wilder side, if he came back and proved himself. in their first season in the prem Sheffield had   5 players in total player 20 games or more games, 4 strikers played 29+ games.

But i agree, would be happy for Coburn and a Balogun-type player to be our two main backups behind two strikers we bring in.

But Coburn wasn't 4th choice, he was 5th and he got half the minutes Balogun did. That's across the full season, during the time with Warnock too, vs. Balogun's half-season.

Remember you also mentioned Watmore. Add Balogun and two other strikers and you're not talking about Coburn being 4th choice, it's 5th choice, the man they throw on when it's all guns blazing, chasing a game, when everyone is available. Why should he be pushed down to that by a player who did less than him?

I'm not disputing whether Wilder's strikers get rotated at all, that's nothing to do with my point. He plays 2 strikers on most occasions though and rotating those during a game leaves 5th choice on the bench. That's what the stats prove, too.

I like coburn and hes shown he can be a lethal finisher. But id prefer we loaned him to league 1 to see how he gets on with a full season as first choice. 

There's a reason that balogun is on the fringes of one of the top teams in the country and is the starting striker for the England u21s, that isn't just luck or managers being stupid. he'd be way ahead of coburn as things stand. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?