oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

WBA done good business with Wallace and Swift. Two excellent free transfers in a system that will bring best out of them. Add to the other players they got in likes of Mowatt, Diangana, Grant, Robinson, Dyke and a strong back line I reckon they will be a force next season. Need a new GK but look very strong on paper. Hopefully they dont get Hamza and we do

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

WBA done good business with Wallace and Swift. Two excellent free transfers in a system that will bring best out of them. Add to the other players they got in likes of Mowatt, Diangana, Grant, Robinson, Dyke and a strong back line I reckon they will be a force next season. Need a new GK but look very strong on paper. Hopefully they dont get Hamza and we do

why are they signing loads of footballer to play under bruce lol. disaster season for them. bruce will be sacked by October.

1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

This is  correct. No idea if the Beckford stuff is correct or not but PL2 is now an u21 competition, with a maximum of 5 "over age" players allowed.

That probably explains why so many of the senior u23s were let go. Looking at the squad list on Transfermarkt, only Brad James and Boyd-Munce are over 21. (Hemming and Brynn are out on loan). 

9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Surprised Wallace has gone to West Brom like. Thought him and Swift would have got moves to lower prem clubs especially on a free. Good pick ups for them like you said they’ve done some good business getting them two in.

18 minutes ago, Bruce said:

That probably explains why so many of the senior u23s were let go. Looking at the squad list on Transfermarkt, only Brad James and Boyd-Munce are over 21. (Hemming and Brynn are out on loan). 

stop monitoring our transfer thread for targets for WBA Steve

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, boksicdink said:

On good authority?

as always, its juno23, why would it be wrong? the only higher authority is juno24+

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Juninho23 said:

Just passing on what I've been told. I probably won't bother next time, too many plebs on here

you tell them little fella, they don't deserve your presence on this forum

• Like 1

Middlesbrough boss Chris Wilder looks to have a number of transfer targets in his sights as we move further into the summer transfer window.

July is only a week away now and that means the new football season is only a handful of weeks away too.

Already this summer, Middlesbrough have been linked with a number of potentially exciting new signings, but only goalkeeper Liam Roberts has joined so far.

And it looks like more goalkeepers could follow with Middlesbrough linked with former England goalkeepers Jack Butland and Ben Foster.

The Sun say that Boro are keen on Crystal Palace’s Butland whilst The Northern Echo recently revealed that Foster and Middlesbrough are in talks over a possible summer switch.

Meanwhile, there’s a couple of Premier League attackers being linked with a move to the Riverside as well.

Middlesbrough are being linked alongside the likes of West Brom with a move for Newcastle United’s outcasted striker Dwight Gayle, with Tottenham Hotspur’s Troy Parrott also being mentioned as a possible loan target for Wilder this summer.

And in midfield there’s also a couple of Premier League players being linked with a summer move to Boro.

TEAMtalk reckon that Bournemouth’s Robbie Brady has interest from Middlesbrough and a number of other Championship sides whilst Football Insider have recently linked Middlesbrough with a summer loan move for Wolves’ Ryan Giles, which could be an exciting one to watch out for.

Giles, 22, spent last season on loan with Cardiff City and then Blackburn Rovers, impressing with both and racking up 10 assists across the campaign. Speaking on his form, former Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray had this to say on the wing-back:

“He’s got a wonderfully cultured left foot. Hitting long balls, whipping in crosses, bending balls down the line, wrapping them into people’s feet.

“He’s a good footballer, he’s athletic – he’s just what we required really. He can play high up for us on either the left or the right hand side.

“He’s a quality player and he’s just got to mingle with the lads and learn the culture of this club and the hard work which is demanded every matchday.”

Lastly, there’s also a couple of youngsters being linked with Middlesbrough of late including Ipswich Town’s Tyreece Simpson (via TWTD) and West Ham starlet Aji Alese.

Boro have some keen players in their sights then. Wilder did well to guide his side to a 7th place finish last time round but the Championship roster looks ever more competitive going into the next campaign and so Middlesbrough will certainly need reinforcements this summer if they’re to break into the top-six next season.

https://the72.co.uk/2022/06/23/middlesbrough-linked-with-8-potential-new-signings-ahead-of-july-including-quality-wolves-man/

• Thanks 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?