oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

We've got two top signings in Giles and Lenihan as they're perfect fits for what we want at LWB and a leader at CB. It's incredibly promising that we've been able to sign two players so highly sought after by many Championship clubs. It will further help us attract similar promising players as we're looking to have some momentum behind our squad build. GK, LCB, DM and two strikers are next on the list. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, boksicdink said:

What if Juninho23 is Mungo?

Then he should get his mum to give him all of the ITK info and not just bits of it.

Also Juninho23 isn't Mungo, he's a very naughty boy.

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

maybe people you consider to be in front of him are additional options if we are to get him, we probs after 2-3 new strikers minimum 

could be, just going of some of the reliable ITKrs on here.

one said that we enquired but then made progress elsewhere

the other said he's on the list but not the main target

either way, he's better than what we have

4 minutes ago, Will said:

Then he should get his mum to give him all of the ITK info and not just bits of it.

Also Juninho23 isn't Mungo, he's a very naughty boy.

I can't find any tweets where she says Gayle was at Rockliffe.

Just some tweets where she says Gayle next

I'm chuffed to bits with the business we've done so far and the way we've done it.  We've just been so efficient, it's most un-Borolike.  

Still more signings needed though (GK, LCB, DM, 3x CFs at least, plus possible cover at WBs and depending on Payero possibly another CM) but at least it gives you confidence that the club are going to be getting the best players they can.

• Like 3

hope we dont loan out coburn, think he ideal for the bench and will be better expeirence for him than going to league 1 or helping another team out in the championship.

he's done enough I think to keep his squad place for me, if he gonna get chances off the bench, which looks likely to me (even if not first or 2nd choice off the bench all it takes is the 1st and 2nd choice to get injured or not score a few times when they come on before he will be considered, I'd like my chances if I was him)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

Diddnt an ITK say he had his pictures taken weeks ago? 

It was me, i suspect this is why he was on his own in the unveiling on the training pitch.  Just a guess

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

It was me, i suspect this is why he was on his own in the unveiling on the training pitch.  Just a guess

Would make sense if they wanted him in for interviews etc to wait till after he's back from his holidays.

A random thought... If Wilder signs all the strikers that he wants then I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see us sell Watmore. He's out of contract at the end of the season and we're planning on signing better strikers this summer, so he's highly likely to just be an impact substitute from the bench for us this season - albeit a good impact substitute. Assuming he doesn't sign a new contract, Scott would surely much rather cash in on him now for £1 million and reinvest it into the squad than him to leave on a free transfer next summer. Sunderland, for example, could well be willing to pay some decent money for him as he'd be a very good signing for a newly promoted club. It would probably only be done towards the end of the transfer window after we've got our strikers in.

3 minutes ago, p_mards said:

A random thought... If Wilder signs all the strikers that he wants then I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see us sell Watmore. He's out of contract at the end of the season and we're planning on signing better strikers this summer, so he's highly likely to just be an impact substitute from the bench for us this season - albeit a good impact substitute. Assuming he doesn't sign a new contract, Scott would surely much rather cash in on him now for £1 million and reinvest it into the squad than him to leave on a free transfer next summer. Sunderland, for example, could well be willing to pay some decent money for him as he'd be a very good signing for a newly promoted club. It would probably only be done towards the end of the transfer window after we've got our strikers in.

wouldn't that mean signing 4 strikers first?

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?