oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

But apparently at least 2 clubs are happy with our valuation of Spence.

Spence has the advantages of a) playing in a team that got promoted b) performing excellently against EPL teams of televised games c) being English d) recieving huge media attention 

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, DurhamRed said:

Seems Coventry fans want Assombalonga money for Gyökeres. 

Can't we just buy brit back for 1m and swap him for Gyork instead? 

• Haha 4
11 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Isn’t it the same situation with us with Spence and Jones? Both had a decent season but fans saying we shouldn’t accept anything less than 15 million. Coventry fans are basically doing the exact same thing but getting called deluded…. And I’d say strikers generally go for more than right backs do. 
that’s not me saying I’d pay that for him but just trying to look at it from a different perspective 

There is a 50% add on to their value because they are young and English. And we’re a club with much more resources than Coventry so can demand higher prices as we don’t have to sell in the same way. 8 million at Coventry would probably go a longer way than here. 

13 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Isn’t it the same situation with us with Spence and Jones? Both had a decent season but fans saying we shouldn’t accept anything less than 15 million. Coventry fans are basically doing the exact same thing but getting called deluded…. And I’d say strikers generally go for more than right backs do. 
that’s not me saying I’d pay that for him but just trying to look at it from a different perspective 

Absolutely not. Spence belongs to us therefore he is valued at exactly the right fee (probably a bit under but we’re nice folk) all those other clubs are deluded money grabbers intent on pulling our pants down. #facts 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

DM reckons Jarred Branthwaite is going on loan and Sunderland, Sheffield United, PSV and us are interested.

He's a lefty but from what I've seen of him I doubt he's an upgrade on what we have

4 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

DM reckons Jarred Branthwaite is going on loan and Sunderland, Sheffield United, PSV and us are interested.

Fits the bill of being a left footed center back. But it’s another short term solution. We already have Giles, Howson and likely also 2 strikers will come in on short contracts and maybe a keeper. That’s a lot of players on short contracts that will need adressing again next summer. I think ideally we buy that left footed defender and make him a permanent fixture in the side. Probably easier said than done though. 

Was at a wedding all of yesterday, so I missed most of the day's chatter, I'm fine with McGoldrick coming in as a 4th choice striker.

Nothing thrilling about him, but he'd do a job.

Obviously I'd be less on board with it if he was coming in with a view to being one of our regular starters.

• Like 1

Brantwaiten from what I seen does not strike me a ball playing CB and it appears Wilder is big on that aspect. Of all the players we been linked the ones that fit a Wilder type defender are imo ben davies and kourtney hause.

Ben Gibson is ok but not comfortable with paying a big fee for him when i feel there better value for money out there

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Seems Coventry fans want Assombalonga money for Gyökeres. 

And that is a good a post as any to prove why we shouldn't bite. He looked good last season, particularly against us. But he's not worth blowing close to or above a record sum for us, nobody is. We certainly have to do better than that. I'd be happy to laugh that off and move on and I sincerely hope we do at that figure. Honestly, if it gets anything close to an 8 digit fee without promotion and a significant goals tally involved, I'd be very uncomfortable about it.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?