Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - Land of Hoppe & Glory?


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Will said:

His decisions brought us Balogun and Connolly, so there's two reasons not to just blindly trust his judgement.

From a limited pool of available players we could afford. I'd seen Connolly for Brighton and thought it would be a great signing, but hindsight is 20/20

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

International keeper who city bought for ~£6m. You would think he is going to have some ability. 

 

I'm happy, squad is coming together. Now the biggies - strikers. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Will said:

His decisions brought us Balogun and Connolly, so there's two reasons not to just blindly trust his judgement.

As poor as Wilder's Striker choices have been his Keeper choice has a far better success rate.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports say we beat other championship clubs to signing Steffen, I wonder whether one of those clubs was Burnley who are also probably looking for a GK. Thats a huge compliment to us if Pep is happy for Steffen to come to Middlesbrough. He could have easily linked up with Kompany. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

As poor as Wilder's Striker choices have been his Keeper choice has a far better success rate.

That's a fair point, I guess I just can't get on board with thinking it's a great signing simply because he's coming from a great team. Not saying it's a bad signing, just the jury is out for me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, "KM" said:

Reports say we beat other championship clubs to signing Steffen, I wonder whether one of those clubs was Burnley who are also probably looking for a GK. Thats a huge compliment to us if Pep is happy for Steffen to come to Middlesbrough. 

Delap next

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Will said:

That's a fair point, I guess I just can't get on board with thinking it's a great signing simply because he's coming from a great team. Not saying it's a bad signing, just the jury is out for me.

I wasn't trying to suggest that he's going to be a great addition purely because of his current employer. Ultimately the jury will be out on almost every signing that we make, that's the lottery of the transfer window unfortunately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeessideSteel said:

I wasn't trying to suggest that he's going to be a great addition purely because of his current employer. Ultimately the jury will be out on almost every signing that we make, that's the lottery of the transfer window unfortunately. 

That wasn't directed to you in particular, just some of the reaction I've seen on here and elsewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahaha I’m getting stick on fmttm for being excited with the Steffen signing. Ah well. I think he will be class and we will be lucky to have him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AllBoro10 said:

Hahaha I’m getting stick on fmttm for being excited with the Steffen signing. Ah well. I think he will be class and we will be lucky to have him.

Fans weren’t happy with Darlow, Butland et al. If we can’t get excited over signing Man City’s number two then we may as well give up. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

American footy gadge was on talkshite yesterday talking about the keepers.  Lazio and fenyoord, ajax were all interested in him apparently.  He was raving about him and the other lad Turner.  He keeps him out of US team and Arsenal just paid 6m for him, he'll need to be on it to keep his place at Qatar so could be a good move.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

 

A brief read of the comments on there reminded me why I loathe social media.Good signing imo, a settled run of games will do him the world of good. Hopefully there's a purchase option in the contract for when we go up with 101 points. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Uwe changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - Land of Hoppe & Glory?
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - It's a slow market...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...