Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - Land of Hoppe & Glory?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 25.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

Larsen medical done today and trained with first team.  Announcement next few days , potentially tomorrow

Posted Images

Given the random assortment of GKs we were linked with and settled on Steffen, I wonder if something similar is happening with the strikers?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very happy with this signing. Learning from pep and ederson every day in training surely be good. USA #1 keeper, fits wilders style of play and an absolute unit. Get some strikers in, and cover players. Then I will start getting excited, can’t help but get the feeling something is getting built here. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guffie said:

Very happy with this signing. Learning from pep and ederson every day in training surely be good. USA #1 keeper, fits wilders style of play and an absolute unit. Get some strikers in, and cover players. Then I will start getting excited, can’t help but get the feeling something is getting built here. 

Agree. And more than anything looking forward to shouting USA when Steffen makes a good save 

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Agree. And more than anything looking forward to shouting USA when Steffen makes a good save 

Fight and winWrestlemania X-Seven Sport GIF by WWE!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DevKWat said:

People saying no are definitely the ones who saw his only mistake in the FA cup semi against Liverpool 

I have to say I am underwhelmed compared to most on here. I will admit I have only seen snippets from his time with Man City when he has played. Clearly my judgement is limited to not a lot of game time. He really did have a mare v Liverpool. He looked everything I felt on Lumley. He was slow reacting to their first goal, made a half hearted attempt from what I remember, the second was absolutely pathetic, and he showed far too much goal at the near post on the third. That save compilation made me giggle, only 2, possibly 3 were really good saves, the rest were routine, nothing out of the ordinary and he even did a Lumley v Posh tackle way out of his box. I am sure he will be an upgrade, but I hoped for better. I hoped for Iversen, but fear Darlow would have been better and I didn’t want him.

Positives:

Tall

Sweeper Keeper

Been under Pep

International (albeit USA)

Loan, so can send back after a year if he is poor or look to buy if he proves himself worthy.

upgrade on Lumley in theory

 

Negatives:

Puncher rather than catcher

Slow to React from what I’ve seen to date

Pep clearly feels he needs a better number 2

I saw that Liverpool game and took the p*** out of my City supporting friend asking him if Steffen was Joe Lumley’s American cousin, he was not amused.

I have just had a text from him a few minutes ago that reads: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣


I suspect I’m in for a torrid time at the pub on Friday 🤦🏻

Lets hope thats where the torrid times end.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T-CIDER said:

Really happy with our business so far. 2 more strikers and a LCB next, please Mr. Gibson 🙏

Wasn’t Davies from Liverpool getting mentioned? Could be a good signing 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Gazette and The Northern Echo are saying it’s not quite as close as initial reports were saying but we are working hard to get the deal done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

I have to say I am underwhelmed compared to most on here. I will admit I have only seen snippets from his time with Man City when he has played. Clearly my judgement is limited to not a lot of game time. He really did have a mare v Liverpool. He looked everything I felt on Lumley. He was slow reacting to their first goal, made a half hearted attempt from what I remember, the second was absolutely pathetic, and he showed far too much goal at the near post on the third. That save compilation made me giggle, only 2, possibly 3 were really good saves, the rest were routine, nothing out of the ordinary and he even did a Lumley v Posh tackle way out of his box. I am sure he will be an upgrade, but I hoped for better. I hoped for Iversen, but fear Darlow would have been better and I didn’t want him.

Positives:

Tall

Sweeper Keeper

Been under Pep

International (albeit USA)

Loan, so can send back after a year if he is poor or look to buy if he proves himself worthy.

upgrade on Lumley in theory

 

Negatives:

Puncher rather than catcher

Slow to React from what I’ve seen to date

Pep clearly feels he needs a better number 2

I saw that Liverpool game and took the p*** out of my City supporting friend asking him if Steffen was Joe Lumley’s American cousin, he was not amused.

I have just had a text from him a few minutes ago that reads: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣


I suspect I’m in for a torrid time at the pub on Friday 🤦🏻

Lets hope thats where the torrid times end.

 

I mean he’s been capped for USA nearly 30 times. Joe Lumley isn’t in the same league. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Uwe changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - Land of Hoppe & Glory?
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - It's a slow market...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...