oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

36 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We then played him in the "token" cup game, he made a huge mistake within 2 minutes in the replay and we were knocked out.

There were plenty of seasoned goalkeepers knocking about we could have signed instead of bringing back Meijas from Cyprus. 

well I put that on the manager not the goal keeper, I would never play weak teams especially the goal keeper in the cup 

most reserve keepers are going to be weak that's why they not playing in first team for someone, and thats why our junk keepers end up at premier league clubs after sometimes, they just want a placeholder who can come in if *** hits the fan

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Has Hayden Coulson disappeared off the planet? I had high hopes for him but things dont seem to have worked out for him either at Ipswich or Peterborough. Not sure of his injury or contract  status. He looked a real prospect for a while.

1 minute ago, Leesider said:

Has Hayden Coulson disappeared off the planet? I had high hopes for him but things dont seem to have worked out for him either at Ipswich or Peterborough. Not sure of his injury or contract  status. He looked a real prospect for a while.

He is le poop.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He is le poop.

Decent player Le'Poop, you never know how players will perform outside of the French league though. Available for £2m #ITK

• Haha 4
31 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Yeah it’s a shame as he did look like he had potential but seems to get injured too much and its stalled his career hugely. 

I think Teacider has a notification system set up for any mention of Coulson so he can instantly come on and say how rubbish he is 😁

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Helpful, Thanks

It's a genuine answer though, Peterborough fans really didn't rate him from what I've read.

His body being made of glass won't help, but I think it's very clear that he has no future here when we loaned him out again in January despite needing a left wing back and Bola being injured long-term.

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's a genuine answer though, Peterborough fans really didn't rate him from what I've read.

His body being made of glass won't help, but I think it's very clear that he has no future here when we loaned him out again in January despite needing a left wing back and Bola being injured long-term.

It makes me sad but this is almost certainly all true. Particularly the injury situation seems to have heavily set him back.

12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It makes me sad but this is almost certainly all true. Particularly the injury situation seems to have heavily set him back.

I'm presuming he got injured again at Peterborough, because he was only in one of the squads for the final 11 matches he could have played in, unless his last appearance for them was so bad they just dropped him entirely.

He was signed be a different manager, so that might not have helped.

8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm presuming he got injured again at Peterborough, because he was only in one of the squads for the final 11 matches he could have played in, unless his last appearance for them was so bad they just dropped him entirely.

He was signed be a different manager, so that might not have helped.

I've just read through McCann's interviews and it implied that it was because he didn't think he was good enough that he stopped making the squads.

"The loan players are still in contention, what was important for us on Tuesday was picking the right team and shape to play against Bournemouth, it was nothing to do with the fact they were on loan. We will pick the team with that same mindset on Saturday"

Given Coulson only made the bench for 1 match after that interview, it seems a good indication.

He actually sent Coulson back to us in April, which I don't think anybody here, including myself, picked up on.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/two-youngsters-in-the-peterborough-united-squad-as-loan-players-are-sent-home-3675521

But that seems more to do with looking at their own young players with relegation confirmed.

10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I remember seeing him play against Salford in one of his first starts and thought he played a step above every one of our players on the pitch. Sad that he didn't kicked on from there as he looked good for the first half of that season too.

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I've just read through McCann's interviews and it implied that it was because he didn't think he was good enough that he stopped making the squads.

"The loan players are still in contention, what was important for us on Tuesday was picking the right team and shape to play against Bournemouth, it was nothing to do with the fact they were on loan. We will pick the team with that same mindset on Saturday"

Given Coulson only made the bench for 1 match after that interview, it seems a good indication.

He actually sent Coulson back to us in April, which I don't think anybody here, including myself, picked up on.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/two-youngsters-in-the-peterborough-united-squad-as-loan-players-are-sent-home-3675521

But that seems more to do with looking at their own young players with relegation confirmed.

Was just replying to you saying that he'd actually sent Coulson back early. Not terribly surprising really.

16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Interesting that he never made our U23s squads either, considering I think there were opportunities to do so? I know Kavanagh did and he was out on loan too.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Interesting that he never made our U23s squads either, considering I think there were opportunities to do so? I know Kavanagh did and he was out on loan too.

Would he have represented too many clubs? Did he play for Ipswich too this season?

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?