oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, MBG42 said:

Like last year when we signed Joe Lumley and Sammy Ameobi...

I mean I wouldn't say either of them are competent and proven at the level.

I'd say they've played in the Championship and that's about it.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Absolutely. A free agent signing or two that are competent and proven at this level would fill fans with confidence.

Sam Johnstone

Alfie Mawson

Harry Toffolo

John Swift

Joe Rothwell

Josh Bowler

all announced next week… can dream right 😂

• Like 2

Feel like Wilder needs a Leadbitter - a general on the pitch to raise the levels of others. Jonny's had a great season... But I sometimes wonder if we need someone a bit tougher and nastier in that central position to take the game by the throat when we're up against it. How often do we go to pieces and concede again straight after conceding one. 

No players springs to mind, others probably know better than me... But maybe a League 1 captain who can make the step up? 

image.thumb.png.893b42120abff7f687ec5ac2c14931e8.png 

• Like 2
Just now, Riverside94 said:

Sam Johnstone

Alfie Mawson

Harry Toffolo

John Swift

Joe Rothwell

Josh Bowler

all announced next week… can dream right 😂

Some of them would be brilliant. Bowler was signed on a free last summer and was only given a one-year contract but the club have the option for a further year. The same applies to Toffolo with Huddersfield having the option to extend.

Rothewell or Swift would add some real quality to midfield and would see the end of Crooks.

Johnstone I think will go Premiership and I'm unsure on what will happen to Mawson.

Just now, RiversideRed said:

Some of them would be brilliant. Bowler was signed on a free last summer and was only given a one-year contract but the club have the option for a further year. The same applies to Toffolo with Huddersfield having the option to extend.

Rothewell or Swift would add some real quality to midfield and would see the end of Crooks.

Johnstone I think will go Premiership and I'm unsure on what will happen to Mawson.

Haven’t really seen much of Mawson at Fulham to be honest just remember him when he came onto the scene and was talked up for England etc. Might come under the hungry with something to prove. On another note while typing hungry my autocorrect changed it to ginger 😂

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Johnstone is going to Spurs. 

1 minute ago, Riverside94 said:

Haven’t really seen much of Mawson at Fulham to be honest just remember him when he came onto the scene and was talked up for England etc. Might come under the hungry with something to prove. On another note while typing hungry my autocorrect changed it to ginger 😂

Fulham splashed out on him. The usual overpay because he's young and got an English flag next to his name. 

Ridiculous to send Payero out on loan. He’s shown against Cardiff that he can compete at Championship level in my opinion. 

This one screams at a not fancied by Wilder and we’re happy to derail the director of football model as he’s not convinced by him. I am actually worried that we have learnt absolutely nothing if we plan on getting rid of him. 

If it’s a case of getting him up to speed in an English league then fair enough, but if it’s abroad then he’s a gonna. 

• Like 6

Sam Johnstone: Zero chance. He off to PL to sign one final lucrative contract

Mawson: Dont see a need for him as he not left footed and he not better than Paddy, Dijk or Fry for other spots.

Toffollo: Can see him having PL interest if Hudds dont go up.

Swift: Possibility if Crooks or Tav leaves

Rothwell: See Swift

Bowler: Blackpool just activated a 1yr extension today on him.

Just now, "KM" said:

Johnstone is going to Spurs. 

Thought he'd go Prem. He's had that England cap now too so teams instantly want him.

He'll be fine as a backup or in the bottom half of the Prem.

Keepers I think we should be looking at are;

- Gavin Bazunu (Loan)

- Daniel Bentley (Contract Expires in 2023)

- Daniel Ward

- Karl Darlow

- Bartosz Bialkowski (Contract Expires in 2023)

- Matt Ingram - Backup/Starter GK (Free Agent)

- David Marshall - Backup GK (Free Agent)

I try to keep potential signings quite realistic.

Yesterday we were told by an insider that Payero was told he could leave, today it’s that he can go on loan. I don’t think anyone really knows to be honest. Maybe Forest can take him and we can sell him for £20m the following season? 😉 

• Haha 1

I hope we nurture payero and get him back firing as he showed against Cardiff if we get him inform he is one of the best players in this division. I'm excited and looking forward to him being involved in the side. Think he could provide the creative spark finding that final ball we badly miss. I think Sporar would of got alot more goals if payero was fit and playing providing assists 

• Like 6
Just now, DurhamRed said:

I hope we nurture payero and get him back firing as he showed against Cardiff if we get him inform he is one of the best players in this division.

From the little I seen of payero he looked better than mcgree. He even looked OK against West Brom in a 442 with mcnair. Let's see which plodder wilder fancies to replace him with hopefully he can run through brick walls for us.

• Like 1

Really think the Cardiff game is getting over played. He played well for 20 minutes of that game near the end. He did take his goal very well.

Before that he didn’t look anything special. 

I would give him preseason before deciding his future as he has had injuries and a need to adjust to a different culture.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?