oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Alan Nixon has Derby in the chase for David McGoldrick.

I presume it depends whether he prefers occasional appearances in the Championship or a more leading role in League One.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AllBoro10 said:

Obsession with Ben Gibson on this board is frightening. There is Better value for money out there. 

While SG is the owner there will always be speculation about Ben Gibson coming back. Pointless ignoring the it, plus he is a left footed CB, we don't have one, so he's better than what we have. 

Personally, I'm not fussed who the LCB is, as long as they improve the squad. 

At the same time, I hope that the likes of Bola and Bilongo prove that they can play that role to the standard required during pre'season, will allow us to invest more elsewhere. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

When you say “a potential premier league move”, do you mean he has actual interest from a Pl club and is waiting to see if that pans out, or that there isn’t any PL club in for him at moment but he is waiting to see if his agent can drum up any interest? 

Fulham lost interest in him? Havent followed the media that much but in swedish papers Fulham seem to be the favorites still.....

48 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I would be gutted if we signed Gibson, it smacks of old Boro, he's on a big wage and he's not that good

Gutted at getting one of the best defenders in the league in a position where we need an upgrade🤯

Here is a left field suggestion that Wilder and Scott won’t look at anyway. One of the best defenders in the Danish League, Andreas Maxsø, wants to go out and has a release clause on about 1.2 million. Very comfortable on the ball with both feet. 28 years old so in his prime. If he can transform his domestic form to the championship he’ll be good enough. 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Gutted at getting one of the best defenders in the league in a position where we need an upgrade🤯

Here is a left field suggestion that Wilder and Scott won’t look at anyway. One of the best defenders in the Danish League, Andreas Maxsø, wants to go out and has a release clause on about 1.2 million. Very comfortable on the ball with both feet. 28 years old so in his prime. If he can transform his domestic form to the championship he’ll be good enough. 

Does he speak English, which seems to be the only stipulation about non British players?

1 hour ago, Crackers said:

I’ve been told that boro and Coventry do have an agreement for Gyokeres but the player is waiting for a potential premier league move, Spence to spurs is 99.9 percent done. A bit of movement this week. Not heard a thing about steffen. 

As long as we aren’t paying more than 8 for Gyok it’s a good move as they had no reason to sell so it worries me we’ve paid a lot for someone 

1 hour ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I would be gutted if we signed Gibson, it smacks of old Boro, he's on a big wage and he's not that good

totally overrated. proper slow. he'd get exposed like crazy in wilders system

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, Borodane said:

He's on 40 plus grand a week, no way is he one of the best defenders in the league either

It would be a backwards step

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I wouldn’t mind but we need do need to make sure we have pace at the back as teams are going to try and hit it long against us and that’s an area we’ve been caught out 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Crackers said:

No idea on fee but the initial quoted fee was astronomical, I think there will be a fair few add ons if he comes 

Is this the £20 odd million striker that Wilder spoke about getting a quote for

2 hours ago, AllBoro10 said:

Obsession with Ben Gibson on this board is frightening. There is Better value for money out there. 

I think the only obsession with him is seemingly coming from his uncle. I'm indifferent, don't mind if he comes back but out of the players we've been linked with my preference would be Ben Davies or Jacob Greaves.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?