oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

4 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Morris and Woodrow is the most average partnership. Good, but absolutely not top 6 IMO.

Think people are forgetting that’s literally just a Barnsley front 2 😂

• Haha 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Morris and Woodrow is the most average partnership. Good, but absolutely not top 6 IMO.

Underrated for me you know and an improvement on the strikers they had for their top 6 finish last season

Not that it concerns us mind because we're finishing top 2

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Leesider said:

50 odd matches,He starts every game🤣🤣🤣

Tav started all but 2 league games last season. What's so weird about a first team player playing every game?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Leesider said:

So Giles plays every game next season?

It doesn’t matter how many games Giles will play next season. Once wilder signed him bola knew he was going to be 2nd choice at best

7 minutes ago, Leesider said:

I think you have to consider the fact that Wilder dropped him while we were trying to reach the play offs. Think about that.  The climax of the season, the possibility of promotion on the line, and he’s dropped from the team, and Wilder moves a midfielder into his place.  So simply on that basis, would Wilder even regard him as the back up to Giles?

32 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Not to my knowledge but there will be loads we have inquired about. I prefer him to Gyokeres i think he's a better striker 

@diggerlad07 said Carlton Morris agent was up here for talks a few weeks back.

Would have been late May or early June.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think you have to consider the fact that Wilder dropped him while we were trying to reach the play offs. Think about that.  The climax of the season, the possibility of promotion on the line, and he’s dropped from the team, and Wilder moves a midfielder into his place.  So simply on that basis, would Wilder even regard him as the back up to Giles?

I remember CW berating him for not tackling people about then, so maybe he was an "attitude over ability" player. As you saw, he was dropped after that, so likely counted against him  

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Izzy played 47 games last year and would've been more had he not got covid. Wilder doesn't rotate once he's got his favourites.

2 minutes ago, notjade said:

Tav started all but 2 league games last season. What's so weird about a first team player playing every 

Apart from our crap strikers & keeper last season,the main reason we fell short was our lack of squad depth. Its too much to expect naming the  same 11 every week & expect them to maintain the same level of performance. That was obvious with Jones in particular. Do we want the same to happen again & learn nothing.

Surely thats what Wilder & Co are trying to achieve. Its very much a squad game. Bola fits into that imo.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Will said:

Izzy played 47 games last year and would've been more had he not got covid. Wilder doesn't rotate once he's got his favourites.

Thats why Izzy faded so much in the last month or so.

• Like 1
Just now, Leesider said:

Thats why Izzy faded so much in the last month or so.

Long covid and playing with cracked ribs was probably more of a factor.

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?