oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

You agree that mcnair shouldn't be played in his correct position? Wilder said last season that mcnair runs the show in CM for NI so I'd presume from that he fancies him to play there. 

I think based on his time at Boro he’s much better at the back, doesn’t offer as much is midfield as I’d hope. Just because he ‘runs’ the show for NI doesn’t mean he’ll do the same for us in a different style of play, formation, mentality etc.

Just now, RichAcklam2404 said:

I think based on his time at Boro he’s much better at the back, doesn’t offer as much is midfield as I’d hope. Just because he ‘runs’ the show for NI doesn’t mean he’ll do the same for us in a different style of play, formation, mentality etc.

Hes a poor CB. He's barely played CM and when he did last season other than QPR at home he was good when he played CM.

Northern Ireland have won 5 games since 2020 so I don't think running the show for them really counts for much.

Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

Northern Ireland have won 5 games since 2020 so I don't think running the show for them really counts for much.

Exactly what I mean, running the show for NI is completely different to running the show for us which he’s never done at CM

was our best goal keeper last year as well, 100% saves

• Haha 2

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/07/05/daniel-levy-has-come-to-a-resolution-over-outstanding-tottenham-target/

DANIEL LEVY HAS COME TO A RESOLUTION OVER ‘OUTSTANDING’ TOTTENHAM TARGET

Subhankar Mondal

1 hour ago

Antonio Conte’s Tottenham Hotspur and Middlesbrough have “come to a resolution” over the transfer of Djed Spence, according to Sky Sports journalist Michael Bridge in GiveMeSport.

Well-known and well-respected journalist Michael Bridge has told GiveMeSport that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy and Middlesbrough chief Steve Gibson has come to an agreement over the transfer fee for Spence.

Spence – who can operate as a winger, right-back or right wing-back and spent last season on loan at Nottingham Forest from Middlesbrough – himself wants to make the move to Tottenham, according to the reporter.

We have covered reports claiming that Tottenham could complete the signing of Spence – described as “outstanding” and “absolutely fantastic” by former Chelsea player Andy Townsend on  talkSPORT (5:43pm, March 21, 2022) – this week

Bridge told GiveMeSport: “Spence has wanted to join Spurs for a while now, it was just down to Daniel Levy and Steve Gibson negotiating.

REPORT: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR COULD SIGN ‘FANTASTIC’ PLAYER THIS WEEK

'I'M TOLD': SKY REPORTER DROPS POSSIBLE WORRY ABOUT 'SWASHBUCKLING' TOTTENHAM TRANSFER TARGET

“Steve Gibson wanted a lot more than what Tottenham were offering, but they’ve come to a resolution now.”

Photo by Robbie Jay Barratt – AMA/Getty Images

DJED SPENCE FROM MIDDLESBROUGH TO TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR HAPPENING

In our view, it is only a matter of time before Tottenham Hotspur complete the signing of Djed Spence from Middlesbrough.

It seems that Premier League club Tottenham and Championship side Middlesbrough have come to an agreement, and we predict that a move could happen soon.

Spence is a very good and promising young player who would be a good option for Conte at right wing-back.

The 21-year-old made 41 starts and one substitute appearance in the Championship for Forest last season.

The youngster scored two goals and gave four assists in those games.

In other news, ‘Trust me’: Campbell says Arsenal won’t sell amazing player to Liverpool

• Haha 1

https://www.teamtalk.com/tottenham-hotspur/djed-spence-transfer-news-timeframe-revealed-antonio-conte-demand

A report has revealed when Tottenham expect to sign Djed Spence, as Antonio Conte pushes the club to complete his transfer.

Tottenham want to sign the Middlesbrough right-back after his impressive campaign on loan at Nottingham Forest last season. The Englishman made 46 appearances for the Reds as they went back up to the Premier League via the play-offs.

Spence is now part of the England U21 setup and is likely to change clubs this summer. Boro would obviously like to retain his services :classic_laugh:, but they will struggles to keep him from the clutches of top-flight clubs.

The defender has previously been on Arsenal and Newcastle’s radars, but it is now Tottenham leading the hunt.

According to a report from Sky Sports on June 30, Conte’s side are in ‘advanced’ negotiations with Boro for the signing.

His move could see other right-backs change clubs this summer, including Neco Williams of Liverpool. That’s because Forest will need to replace Spence before their Prem campaign gets underway.

The Evening Standard reveal the state of play regarding Spence and the Spurs talks. They claim Fabio Paratici is aiming to get the deal over the line this week, as well as that of Clement Lenglet.

Spurs travel to South Korea on Saturday to take part in their pre-season training camp. And as Conte puts so much emphasis on these trips, Paratici hopes to adhere to his wishes by getting both Spence and Lenglet on the plane.

Paratici has work to do in Djed Spence hunt

It won’t be easy, as Spurs still need to agree on a fee with Boro for 21-year-old Spence. However, Paratici has done good business so far this window and is likely to manage the same when it comes to the potential new pair of signings.

Spurs have made significant moves to bolster their squad this summer. Richarlison is their marquee signing, having arrived from Everton in a £60million deal.

Paratici has also brought in Ivan Perisic and Fraser Forster on free transfers, both of which are shrewd moves. Another clever signing is that of Yves Bissouma.

Tottenham in negotiations for Clement Lenglet from Barcelona

Tottenham are in talks with Clement Lenglet as he aims to leave Barcelona this summer

0 seconds of 2 minutes, 11 secondsVolume 90%

The central midfielder has been valued at £50m in the past. But due to him entering the final 12 months of his Brighton contract, Spurs got him for an initial fee of just £25m. It could rise to £35m through add-ons.

Conte and Spurs are gearing up for a big season – and the captures of Spence and Lenglet will only aid their cause.

Meanwhile, Spurs have reportedly made enquiries about another Barcelona star amid the talks for Lenglet.

• Haha 1

When we signed McNair he was getting plaudits as a attacking/goal getting midfielder.  

Maybe Wilder has him earmarked more for competing with Crooks should Payero leave? 

I just don't see him fitting the DM role. He has terrible attributes for it and takes far to many touches. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Did he actually want to go though?

Yeah, he told McNair, and Bamba, he was off. Nobody knows why he stayed

• Wow 3
5 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

He’s not though 😅😂 I appreciate opinions but I have a feeling your fishing for bites. ‘Poor’ is a strong word

OK he was personally responsible for around 10 goals last season from poor defending. He doesn't have the knowhow to play there. Struggles against physical strikers, makes very poor decisions especially when clearing the ball and defending crosses. He's dives commits himself too often and gets caught high up the pitch out of position when he does it. He just isn't a CB and it shows. He's OK for cover for a few games if needed but over the course of the season he costs us too much when played regularly.

He is however a decent CM at this level he has all the attributes to play well there. I'd be very surprised if we sign a LCB and mcnair is still getting games as a CB.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?