oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

If you think this is a melt down, you clearly didn't spend much time in any match threads last year!!

Nah stay away from them on this board. Other boards a bit more sensible on match threads 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Who knows. With the right backing and support from the fans he could be in top 2. No point worrying about thinks that are unlikely to happen

I'm definitely not worried trust me but realistically if he's offered a job outside of the three teams who just went up regardless of where we are then he's off isn't he if we are being realistic. 

16 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I can’t see this being completely true tbh. Why didn’t he leave then? What stopped him or Burnley? He’d have only been here for a matter of months, none of it would have made any sense at all.

Yeah I don't see it either, one thing to do a leverage play to show gibson he has other options (so he gets backed his way in the summer within reason if they value him) and another to just drop that on the players just before a match who you would think would not be privy to that information before he had even spoke to Steve about it (sure the following weeks presser he said that discussion was had on Monday with Steve asking him if he needs to have that talk with him).

I just saw him more being off with the press basically saying he shouldn't have to justify himself and no one can never say never (which is true even if its last thing as a fan you want to hear) and clearly used the whole situation as a leverage play, as think he would only of moved to Burnley in prem if it was in a stable position. He will of known if they went down he would straight away be in a worse position than he was if he stayed here and got backed.

7 minutes ago, Will said:

I think Gibson is involved in the Spence discussions.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I know Scott is involved now so it's a little different but I don't find it hard to believe Steve Gibson still has his hand in transfers at all. It's not like he's never been involved, it's not like he has a history of keeping his nose out of it. Bausor will definitely be part of it too, wouldn't consider that a maybe. Wilder mentions him too often.

Yeah I think its more a case of them 2 being involved in everything dealing with the other clubs and reporting back to him, no players are going to get sold or bought without Gibson signing off on it.

Using others to do your day to day side of the negotiations is a leverage tactic often used in business, where they may be doing everything told of them by Gibson to play hardball/bad cop, but if he needs to get involved (say if either of them 2 *** off another clubs team members on the other side of the negotiations he can always have anything escalate for him to step in or speak to the owner/chairman at the other club for both sides to meet in the middle or someone to play the good cop and concede on their over ambitious demands. But having them at the front of negotiations means he can play bad cop through them and be the deal fixer in the end being the good guy once final lines are drawn in the sands.

Not uncommon for alot of deals in business or accounts to be agreed like this while the guys at the top are looking to see what everyone really wants and will accept 

• Like 1
Just now, AllBoro10 said:

Nah stay away from them on this board. Other boards a bit more sensible on match threads 

Just as well when you're calling what's happened in this thread a meltdown, I think you'd run out of words to describe it 😂

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Will said:

Just as well when you're calling what's happened in this thread a meltdown, I think you'd run out of words to describe it 😂

A natural disaster 

juno20456 will be able to confirm when wilder is leaving upon registration again, although sure I spotted a new account  without juno in the name yesterday that just joined up to tell us of more updates from rockcliffe lol

• Like 2

Good to see the bedwetters are in full meltdown about the cynical turn this thread has taken. If only the deluded rose tinted brigade could add some positivity we’d be back on track 👍

• Haha 11
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I'm definitely not worried trust me but realistically if he's offered a job outside of the three teams who just went up regardless of where we are then he's off isn't he if we are being realistic. 

It's just the reality of being in the Championship. Most players and managers will be swayed if a Prem team comes calling unless they've godt some local affinity like Fry and Tav. It'll just mean that he is succesfull here and we're a top team by then.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Mate, I don't think managers in the second division of English football can just rock up to work and say "sorry lads, not training today, I'm off to Burnley so there's no point is there, haha!" and then just carry on the next week.

He said this himself. Go back and listen to the interview if it’s still available! 

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Good to see the bedwetters are in full meltdown about the cynical turn this thread has taken. If only the deluded rose tinted brigade could add some positivity we’d be back on track 👍

I'm gonna down 5 pints of water before bed if we get turned over first game of the season like. Get them sheets saturated ready for spitting the dummy on here.

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Will said:

I think Gibson is involved in the Spence discussions.

Gibson:  Sorry we're late. Could we have the money now?

Levy: The answer… is no.

Gibson: I'm afraid I must insist. You see, my manager, he has been most vocal on the subject of the Spence monies. "Where's the money? "When are you going to get the money?" "Why aren't you getting the money now?" And so on. So please, the money.

(Levy cowers)

Gibson: You have 24 hours to give us our money. And to show you we're serious… you have 12 hours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?