Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - Land of Hoppe & Glory?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 26k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

🚨 #Boro’s summer rebuild 🚨

With Boro’s official retained list coming out recently, it’s probably best to drop this thread now 🙌

Without further ado, here’s the huge project Wilder has on and how I’d go about re-shaping this squad 👇

// THREAD 🧵// https://t.co/Y9tsqIowqW

It's a nice thread but the lad is living in a fantasy land if he thinks we're getting both Twine and Gyokeres for £5m.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SouthernSmoggie said:

It's a nice thread but the lad is living in a fantasy land if he thinks we're getting both Twine and Gyokeres for £5m.  

I agree, the pricing is off ... But the ideas about the players and their skills are good.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In an ideal world I'd have Stefan Ortega (Bielefeld) on a free. For the past 2 seasons he's been immense for them and off the back of that has been in and around the German national team. But apparently Munich and Leverkusen are sniffing around him. 

Sam Johnstone would be on my list also, he was very good in West Brom's relegation season. But like Ortega Johnstone has interest from clubs further up the food chain.

I would also have had Alex McCarthy high on our list also, but he has very silently signed a new deal at Southampton. Officially not confirmed by the club, but confirmed in the FA's recent annual intermediary fees report. (Strange).

The above are very likely to be out of reach for us in all honesty. With that in mind, the likes of Darlow or Ruddy (in my opinion) would be good additions for us.

In terms of forking out on a transfer fee, I do echo the comments of others regarding Cooper at Plymouth, he does look a very good prospect and to me looks ready for the step into Championship football already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Few Keepers from that free list surely worth a punt, Begovic, Forster,  Karius all be great shouts. 

The only one I would consider from that list is Forster. He’s a really good GK. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

🚨 #Boro’s summer rebuild 🚨

With Boro’s official retained list coming out recently, it’s probably best to drop this thread now 🙌

Without further ado, here’s the huge project Wilder has on and how I’d go about re-shaping this squad 👇

// THREAD 🧵// https://t.co/Y9tsqIowqW

It's a good thread but very head in the cloud stuff.

I don't think we'll get more than pocket money for any sales other than Spence. There's also a distinct chance that we won't be able to move on a lot of these players except for another year out on loan with their wages being paid. Although we may get a sticker price of £15m for Spence, there'll be all sorts of instalments involved. I suspect also that our wage bill won't decrease that much because most of the players being moved on are on relatively low wages or already out on loan. Put this together and I doubt we'll have more than £10m to spend upfront with that being reduced by wage demands from the incoming players. I think part of the reason there's rumours of Payero being up for sale is that he's the only player other than Spence that might raise £2m+. I also don't think that Wilder wants to sell any of his crown jewels unless he absolutely has to.

A budget of £30m is a pipe-dream.

Clearly a keeper and two established strikers is the bare minimum we need. 

Looking at Wilder's track record, he is likely to aim for someone whose contract is ending like Wellbeck or Vydra as one of his strikers for the experience then someone from league 1 or being let go from a Championship club. Again, someone like Tom Lawrence fits the pattern of a Wilder signing. Wilder is all about getting the most from fairly limited players. Although I'm sure Scott would love to have the likes of Twine or Gyökeres, in reality we are going to be outbid for them and I don't think Wilder is prioritising them. 

We're not going to be spending £9m on Jamal Lewis. I could see us possibly getting someone like Pedersen from Birmingham as a LB. (It would be the opposite of our usual signing of someone who played well against us.) Not sure of the status of Lee Buchanan from Derby but he fits the Scott mould of young and experienced though he may actually be no better than Bola. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilder makes a go for Jack Robinson from his old club.

Keeper wise, I suspect Darlow is a legit interest but he may be the latest in the Bettinelli mould of keepers who have fallen out of favour because they have gone backwards. I think it's certainly possible that he'll look for a keeper on loan if they have had at least 1/2 a season out on loan already.

I think Wilder's track record is to focus on experienced pros who may be a bit past their peak but still have a few good seasons left and fill out the gaps with younger hopefuls and cheap punts from down the league. 

To be honest, I suspect the signings this summer will look pretty underwhelming on paper. I don't think Wilder does fantasy signings. However, Newcastle has shown that the key is finding unglamorous players who can fit in immediately without needing to learn a new division. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blanco said:

I think Bettinelli was promoted with Fulham the year before we signed him and look how that turned out 🤷‍♂️

plays for chelsea now think he happy how it worked out lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rob said:

plays for chelsea now think he happy how it worked out lol

I think he trains with Chelsea 😀

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RiversideRed said:

Be nice to have a keeper who puts some effort in when we give away a penalty.

Randolph use to just give up as soon as we give one away. Made little to no effort to try and save one.

cant imagine he never tried

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

In an ideal world I'd have Stefan Ortega (Bielefeld) on a free. For the past 2 seasons he's been immense for them and off the back of that has been in and around the German national team. But apparently Munich and Leverkusen are sniffing around him. 

Sam Johnstone would be on my list also, he was very good in West Brom's relegation season. But like Ortega Johnstone has interest from clubs further up the food chain.

I would also have had Alex McCarthy high on our list also, but he has very silently signed a new deal at Southampton. Officially not confirmed by the club, but confirmed in the FA's recent annual intermediary fees report. (Strange).

The above are very likely to be out of reach for us in all honesty. With that in mind, the likes of Darlow or Ruddy (in my opinion) would be good additions for us.

In terms of forking out on a transfer fee, I do echo the comments of others regarding Cooper at Plymouth, he does look a very good prospect and to me looks ready for the step into Championship football already.

Not sure I can trust a player who plays for a town that doesn't even exist, come on now.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Darlow seems to be getting the social media seal of approval so I’m glad it’s not just me and a couple of others on here who think he would be good for us

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Uwe changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - Land of Hoppe & Glory?
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - It's a slow market...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...