oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Luke Freeman went on loan to Millwall in this years January transfer window. Never played a game due to severe hamstring injury. Maybe cost Millwall a playoff spot?

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Wonder if we will have any interest in Lys Mousset after being released by Sheff Utd.

Wilder paid a then club record £10m to take him to Sheff Utd from Bournemouth. 

Hope not worse than the last bunch we had

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Wonder if we will have any interest in Lys Mousset after being released by Sheff Utd.

Wilder doesn’t have a very good record with strikers does he? 😂

2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Wilder doesn’t have a very good record with strikers does he? 😂

I think I'm right in saying Mcgoldrick is his only success out of about 10 over the last 5/6 years. 

7 hours ago, sambaDTR said:

Luke Freeman went on loan to Millwall in this years January transfer window. Never played a game due to severe hamstring injury. Maybe cost Millwall a playoff spot?

Who knows but at last we have found our reason for our failures this season, we could not play Ameobi, who knows what he would have brought to the table! apart from the physio table that is!😑

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I would like to think he learns from his mistakes.

54 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I think I'm right in saying Mcgoldrick is his only success out of about 10 over the last 5/6 years. 

Leon Clarke did v well for him as well. And the loan signing of Gary Madine and Scott Hogan were shrewd in the promotion season. 

Its his striker signings for Sheff Utd in PL where the concern is. McBurnie, Brewster, Mousett, Robinson. 

Albeit Robinson is more a wide forward/2nd striker and in championship has still done well with WBA.

9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Leon Clarke did v well for him as well. And the loan signing of Gary Madine and Scott Hogan were shrewd in the promotion season. 

Its his striker signings for Sheff Utd in PL where the concern is. McBurnie, Brewster, Mousett, Robinson. 

Albeit Robinson is more a wide forward/2nd striker and in championship has still done well with WBA.

On paper at the time, I thought McBurnie and Brewster were good signings for him - maybe it was too early for them to come in and lead the line in a PL side. 

• Like 2

Agree @boksicdink. McBurnie scored 20+ for Swansea and Brewster got 10 in half a season on loan at same team so at time looked good investments. Both seem to have lost they way in championship as well.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Happily take Brewster or mcburnie. Both decent and do a job for us.

14 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Happily take Brewster or mcburnie. Both decent and do a job for us.

Brewster is a possibility but only on loan. McBurnie just looks so disinterested after that one season at Swansea. He has made the front page headlines more than the back page ones in his 3 seasons at Sheff Utd

Just now, Alves car salesman said:

Celtic announced that both 

Tom Rogic & Nir Bitton are leaving at the end of the season, wonder if we will be running an eye over them, both internationals 

Be all over Rogic. Top player

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Agree @boksicdink. McBurnie scored 20+ for Swansea and Brewster got 10 in half a season on loan at same team so at time looked good investments. Both seem to have lost they way in championship as well.

Maybe it's Wilder's tactics rather than the Strikers themselves?

Having witnessed half a season of it I think many Strikers would struggle, it seems to be too much of a coincidence to be just poor choices every time one is signed. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?