oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

I think Payero has a good technical ability, and might thrive in a league like Serie A or something.

I don't think he was used to the lack of time on the ball good players get in this league. Hopefully we treat this season as his bedding in season and with a full preseason behind him he comes back stronger and fitter, and we see what he's really like next season 🤞 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

7 hours ago, TLF10 said:

@GrimsbyBoro that is not what NW said from what I recall. NW said a contact of his france recommended JLS and he ran it past Scott to see if he knew him and had any views of him. Scott gave his approval but I imagine that was on basis it was late in the window and we either got JLS or nobody.

Insofar as Onel is concerned I am sure Scott played a part given his Norwich links. However Onel was not a bad player for us and in a system that plays wingers I think he would have certainly contributed. Wilder used Onel as a striker in his system and he did a lot better as a striker than Connolly has.  

It was other way around Scott had seen JLS play several times and brought him to Warnock who then ran it past his contact/mate.

I don’t think Onel fit once Wilder came in and looks like he was on a fair wedge. Interesting to see Onel has been playing as LWB for Brum. 

20 hours ago, Riverside94 said:

These are players I’d like (in an ideal world) to see us sign. Not all obviously just options for each, and I know all aren’t really realistic which is why I say in an ideal world.

GK- Johnstone(free) Henderson, Bazunu(loans) Bialkowski

LCB - Ben Davies (loan) Simpson, Mee(free)

CB (cover) - Goldson(free)

LWB - Toffollo(free) Lewis

RWB (cover) Nyambe, Clyne

CDM - Wanyama, Hourihane, Bielik 

CM ) - Wilshere, swift, powell

ST - Vydra, gyokeres, obafemi, Semenyo

There is absolutely no chance Wilshere can play Championship football on a regualr basis. I'm watching him every week as he is playing for my home team, and while he is still very good with the ball I'd be surprised if he ends up in a league with a higher tempo. He can't run much and he's not particularly effective anymore. He'd be murdered in our midfield that requires a lot of running and involvement. It's not enough to just be good in the centre circle.

1 hour ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I think Payero has a good technical ability, and might thrive in a league like Serie A or something.

I don't think he was used to the lack of time on the ball good players get in this league. Hopefully we treat this season as his bedding in season and with a full preseason behind him he comes back stronger and fitter, and we see what he's really like next season 🤞 

I can't say I saw what you're describing in him, in fact in his short run in the team (culminating in his goal against Cardiff) I thought he looked lost at first but by the end was sensing pressure well and using his burst of pace and close control to move away from it.

Has anyone mentioned Kane Wilson from Forest Green as RWB competition?  22, out of contract in the summer and 3 goals and 14 assists in 46 games.

I'd love Joe Rothwell from Blackburn as well, but I think he's probably going to Bournemouth.

2 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Has anyone mentioned Kane Wilson from Forest Green as RWB competition?  22, out of contract in the summer and 3 goals and 14 assists in 46 games.

I'd love Joe Rothwell from Blackburn as well, but I think he's probably going to Bournemouth.

Forest are reportedly looking at Wilson as a replacement to Spence

Lewis Grabban unlikely to be offered a new deal at Forest.

He is 34 yrs old but could he be a shrewd signing for free as a 3rd or 4th choice striker?  

He would be our clubs top scorer if he was here now. He has 12 goals this season despite missing 3 months of the season.

23 hours ago, Hendrie_7 said:

I mentioned him last weekend. He is the league 2 player of the season. I imagine there will be plenty of clubs in for him

39 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I mentioned him last weekend. He is the league 2 player of the season. I imagine there will be plenty of clubs in for him

Yeah he'll probably go somewhere he's expected to be the starting RB/RWB.

• Like 2

Wilder in his presser conference talking about the need to have some leaders in the dressing room. Name checked likes of Sol, Peltier and Taylor but hinted he wants experience in the first 11 so I think them 3 could be released. Definitely the latter 2

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Mallik Wilks keeps being linked with us in the Hull press. We apparently tried to get him in January.

A three goal striker - we can but dream.

He's not really a striker. He's played there recently for Hull, granted, but he's been used primarily as a winger over his career. 50 career games LW, 75 RW, 31 CF. 

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He's not really a striker. He's played there recently for Hull, granted, but he's been used primarily as a winger over his career. 50 career games LW, 75 RW, 31 CF. 

Don't really get why we would be interested if that's the case

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?