oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

26 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Chris Wilder specifically name checked the quality of Bournemouth a few weeks ago in a pre match presser and said he was amazed  at the quality that was not making they starting 11. 

Would not be surprised if we remain in this league and look at some of they players. Once they strengthened I think the following players will maybe be available.

Jack Stacey: RB

Chris Mepham: CB

Robbie Brady: LWB

Ben Pearson: DM

Gavin Kilkenny: CM

Junior Stanislas: CF

Jamal Lowe: CF

Siriki Dembele: CF

I also think Ethan Laird is someone worth looking at, the right back they had on loan from Man Utd.

Ben pearson would be an upgrade on howson  not sure I’d be overly keen on any of the rest 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Ben pearson would be an upgrade on howson  not sure I’d be overly keen on any of the rest 

He looks a tenancies little f**kee in terms of breaking up play but am not sure if he has the footballing ability of Howson in terms of passing and moving forward with the ball.

I am aware I have set myself for laughter here as some dont rate Howson on here but I think he a good footballer.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

He looks a tenancies little f**kee in terms of breaking up play but am not sure if he has the footballing ability of Howson in terms of passing and moving forward with the ball.

I am aware I have set myself for laughter here as some dont rate Howson on here but I think he a good footballer.

Before Wilder came in, I would have laughed but we've actually saw some semblance of a footballer coming together since he put him at the base of his midfield and a good one at that. Running the game against Spurs almost singlehandedly at times was probably the individual performance of the season.

I would have absolutely got rid ASAP under Warnock and to be fair, I still don't look to him as a captain in the same way I have Southgate or Leadbitter. But he's a good pro who Wilder has got the best out of that we've seen in the time he's been here.

Quite criminal in many ways that we signed him for such a decent chunk of money, on a decent contract and have continuously failed to see this consistency of performance until the point where his legs could start going. I don't think many would be thinking about Howson's position in this team were it not for his age. I reckon if we don't get promoted, we might give him another year.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Think Ben Gibson could be coming back to take that LCB spot, he was at the match on Saturday and I've heard he wasn't just there to watch the game 👀

I wonder if Gibbo is mobile enough to play that position, particularly the way Wilder has them set up.

I mostly worry as he's coming off the back of a season where every time I've seen him he's been getting his *** handed to him (though of course at the level above) but I also remember when Monk played with the high full backs and had Clayton dropping in between the defenders to push the centre backs out wider and Gibson consistently got made to look like a chump when pulled out wide.

Left of a back 2 and I'd love him back for this division, left of a back 3 in this team? Not sure how I feel about it.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Think Ben Gibson could be coming back to take that LCB spot, he was at the match on Saturday and I've heard he wasn't just there to watch the game 👀

If there was any truth to this, I'm not sure how I'd feel unless Norwich were willing to take a significant loss.

They signed him for £8m less than a year ago and from what I've read he's largely struggled this season.

Obviously the most likely outcome is we're still in the Championship next season, but I'd not be happy with the club forking out that much for a 29 year old on the back of a bad season if it wasn't Ben Gibson with his prior connections.

Just seems like one of those regular rumours.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Was he? Unless he can be at two places at once I dont think he was. Our game v Stoke kicked off at 3pm. At the same time Norwich were playing Aston Villa in Birmingham and Ben Gibson was on the bench for Norwich.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
Just now, TLF10 said:

Was he? Unless he can be at two places at once I dont think he was. Our game v Stoke kicked off at 3pm. At the same time Norwich were playing Aston Villa in Birmingham and Ben Gibson was on the bench for Norwich.

😂

3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

That’s a very lazy lie from either you or the person who told you unfortunately. Why would Norwich sell anyway?

I think a rumour was going about that he was here on Wednesday for the Cardiff game. Sure someone said they saw his car. Not that I'm in the business of legitimising DZ but maybe he just got his games mixed up.

26 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

jay z GIF

29 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think a rumour was going about that he was here on Wednesday for the Cardiff game. Sure someone said they saw his car. Not that I'm in the business of legitimising DZ but maybe he just got his games mixed up.

Yeah I've got my games mixed up, it was the rumour on here that his car had been seen before the Cardiff game and I just put two and two together.

That's not to say he hasn't been at Rockliffe Park at all lately, though.

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yes, I saw the car at the cardiff game. B G18SON numberplate (illegal spacing on the numberplate and all, but guess he can afford the fine...)

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Yeah I've got my games mixed up, it was the rumour on here that his car had been seen before the Cardiff game and I just put two and two together.

That's not to say he hasn't been at Rockliffe Park at all lately, though.

At last we can now stop looking at you as ITK not that we did anyway😉

• Haha 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?