oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Youngy228 said:

I think Dijsksteel and McNair will be competing for RCB and Wilder may well have Dijksteel in the RWB competition for places too.  Jones has been superb this season but has had a recent drop off in form since illness and there's always the second season syndrome where people work out how to play against you.  Hopefully if we get the a LWB in that provides more attacking threat we will be less one sided and teams wont be able to double up on Jones and he will end up with more space 

I suspect it comes down to whether we buy a Howson replacement directly or a LCB. If we buy a 1st choice LCB then I think there's a fair chance that McNair becomes the Howson replacement. If the LCB is out, then McNair drops back there and Howson comes back in. Likewise, if Jones is out, I suspect that McNair fills in there and Howson steps back into CM.

It's also possible that Crooks might get a shot at the centre if, and it's a pretty big if right now, Payero proves to be good enough to play RCM.

Thing about Howson's role is that it requires the player to drive the team forward. Although a lot of people have pointed at the lack of Crooks & Jones in our poor run, it was very notable that Howson was under-performing. We play best when Howson is driving forwards with the ball. It is more of a Robbo/Gerrard/Leadbitter role than a Clayton style defensive enforcer role. It's a box-to-box midfield general role.

Our poor run has also opened my eyes to how demanding Wilderball is. In a lot of formations, e.g. 4-2-3-1, each player is part of a unit where your buddies can take up the slack. In Wilderball, everyone has to play at the top of their game. If Howson isn't on his game the we don't go forwards properly. If the wingbacks aren't on it, we struggle out wide. When that happens the team can sit in a defensive shape and be hard to break down but all the attacking threat goes out the window. It's not as bad as Bielsa's system but I think it requires more consistent excellence from the players than most other ones I have seen.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Literally just watched the whole video going who tf is that guy, thought maybe it's JLS but wasn't sure until I heard someone call him James.

The video they've put out is just to prove our strikers can, in fact, score goals in training haha.

anyone can score past our keepers tho lol. its the other keepers which they struggle against lol

• Haha 1

No to Ben Gibson for me. Would be too expensive, too high wages and I don't think he is suited for the overlapping CB's that we employ. Excellent central defender but I don't think it's what we are looking for. McNair moves into Howsons spot for me, and we find a new lcb with a bit of pace and skill on the ball (tough ask though). McNair is fairly decent around the box for a defensive player, and we need more goals from our midfield. Good passer, decent pace and strength too. Get him performing in midfield and his stock will rise significantly.

• Like 3

Lucas Joao out of contract with Reading next Summer. Averages about a goal every two games for a poor side and chips in with assists too. 

Worth a punt? Reading could surely be tempted to sell given their financial struggles? 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Lucas Joao out of contract with Reading next Summer. Averages about a goal every two games for a poor side and chips in with assists too. 

Worth a punt? Reading could surely be tempted to sell given their financial struggles? 

He is both strong and mobile. Would work well. Albeit i think he gets injured a lot.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Never been convinced by him. He's had a decent scoring record the past 2 seasons to give him his due but he's been round this division for ages now and I've never really looked at him as one I'd ever wanted.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Worth it if he's dirt cheap. Wouldn't be spending any type of decent money on him though. Sign a top striker if we can and loan another one for me

13 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Never been convinced by him. He's had a decent scoring record the past 2 seasons to give him his due but he's been round this division for ages now and I've never really looked at him as one I'd ever wanted.

Think his goal scoring record per minute has remained pretty constant for the 6 seasons he's been in the Championship, he's been consistently below a goal every 200 minutes (often much lower), for comparison Watmore is a goal every 235 minutes with us (Flo 287). So I'd say he's consistently a very good striker considering he's got a good all round game too. The issue is obviously durability, if he could stay fit he'd be a 20 goal striker.

3 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Was there ever any confirmation of the Alario link last summer. (German league)  him and Oxford would be good 👍🏻 

Doubt either of those are realistic or affordable. Alario has played 31 games for Leverkusen albeit coming on late in most games and by all accounts Oxford has had a storming season at Augsburg. Doubt either of them would move into the Championship if we stay down. Think I read that they are valuing Oxford at 10 million euros now.

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Doubt either of those are realistic or affordable. Alario has played 31 games for Leverkusen albeit coming on late in most games and by all accounts Oxford has had a storming season at Augsburg. Doubt either of them would move into the Championship if we stay down. Think I read that they are valuing Oxford at 10 million euros now.

Missed the boat on Oxford then. Sure he was available cheap last summer. Alario also was rumoured as a loan round the time we got Sporar if I remember right.

We’ve been linked to Jean Paul Boetius of Mainz on a free in the telegraph along with Norwich and Watford, can’t find the actual article 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

We’ve been linked to Jean Paul Boetius of Mainz on a free in the telegraph along with Norwich and Watford, can’t find the actual article 

Might not be the link you mentioned, but I did find this.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-transfer-rumour-jean-paul-boetius-mainz-8941218&ved=2ahUKEwiugvPim8b3AhXPQkEAHaQADUwQFnoECGEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0-i5hoGJR-Y4-crD7IBqwo

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?