oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

There are 5 holes that need fixing in the first 11:

GK

LCB

LWB

2 strikers

There an argument it could be 6 with a younger pair of legs than Howson but them 5 are a must. That is before we even get to the back-ups.

Chucking this in here as there's quite a lot to unpack with the summer in mind.

Sounds like a few surprise names may go.

"Some good players want to talk to us".

I was just about to upload that. He pulls no punches. He said “there are some players that will leave that will surprise people”. And then added there are some players that not shown the attitude he wanted but still been getting a game time because he had no choice but that will change. 

I instantly thought Bola when he said the above. And I think Payero at risk too.

He then added “we will get some good money for some of our players and you know about one of them already” (Spence)

• Like 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0c5gzy3

Realised I've posted this in the Preston vs Middlesbrough matchday thread instead of here.

But some very strong words from Wilder in that interview.

Regarding Player's Futures

“You’ll see, you’ll see on Monday. The level of work that needs to be done. You will see the level of decisions I’ve made for quite a long time."

Regarding Transfers

“It’s always a medium and long-term. There’s a lot of work to be done. I’m not going to say it will all be done in one window. But we will do a lot, we’ll attract some good players. I’m sure I’ll get the backing of the owner. There’s a couple of players we’ll get some decent money for.”

"This is the start of the beginning. Listen, it will be the end for a few of the boys in there and some decisions will surprise a few people. This phones going to red hot. We'll attract some good players. We're already working towards it, there's some good players who want to come and speak to us."

"We've got to get the right characters. Attitude over ability by the way attitude over ability. We'll get a group of players in like I said attitude over ability. People that want to die for the football club, want to run through brick walls."

• Sad 1

I wonder who's leaving then? who's going to be the ones that will surprise people?

Spence we'll get £15m-£20m for comfortably.

McNair maybe?

One of Fry or Tav with them both going into the last year of their contracts.

Renew one and sell the other.

Interesting line on him looking forward to telling some harsh truths and sorting a couple of players who thought they could stick their chests out because they knew Wilder didn't have another option.. 

I'm speculating this is Joe 🤡 Lumley, everytime he conceded a stupid goal he'd turn to the crowd and gesture all was good 'cheer me', only issue with Lumley is I don't know if there's any League 2 clubs who could take his wages... 

3 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Good news. One of few leaders we actually have

Agreed, although don't want him as a starter but great option of the bench.

You can't expect him to play as many games as he did this year. He's 34 this month.

Hopefully just a one-year contract too on reduced terms.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

Agreed, although don't want him as a starter but great option of the bench.

You can't expect him to play as many games as he did this year. He's 34 this month.

Hopefully just a one-year contract too on reduced terms.

Yeah just good to nail down that type of character. Hes still a very good player and can massively contribute. 46 more league games to rollercoaster through again after all lol

I reckon Crooks will be on the list of potential exits too. He might have gotten us goals, but Wilder has been critical of his yellow card tally.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Yeah just good to nail down that type of character. Hes still a very good player and can massively contribute. 46 more league games to rollercoaster through again after all lol

Absolutely, can't fault his commitment or effort. He'll be brilliant to have in the squad but asking a 34 year-old to play 46 games in a season can't be done. Always felt we kept Leadbitter too long when his legs had gone. Don't want to do the same with Howson. Imagine Howson at the age Monk bought him in a Wilder team now.

2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Good news. One of few leaders we actually have

Did a great job of that today.

Also a great 'tackle' for their second goal, and nowhere to be seen when they counter attacked us right through the middle of the park for their third.  We must be the only club in world football who don't see the need to have a midfielder who can actually protect the centre of the pitch.  

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?