oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm thinking he's probably going to get a season long loan back to Banfield now.

Their season ends on the 23rd of October, our league pauses on the 13th of November and starts again on the 10th of December.

So, if we're not selling him and assuming we can't do a half season loan to Argentina and recall him in August, he'd be back training with our squad for a month or more before we regain his registration in January.

I think he's going to barca to play with the GOAT

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I really don't been to come across as being flippant but I dont see how signing 3 players from a team that failed to make the league 1 play offs will assist a team whose minimum target next season is to make the play offs in the championship.

I accept they are probably good players but football is all about levels and I assume they are good for league 1 standards / lower end championship at best. To suggest all 3 could assist a team in a championship play off push is probs wishful thinking.

The GK looks promising. I can see us being interested in him as a no.2.

I understand your point to an extent but I think it should be looked at on a case by case basis. Peterborough finished 7th in Ivan Toney’s last season before he moved to Brentford and scored 31 goals in his first season.

Some players are just so obviously a cut above league 1 level, i.e. Scott Twine at MK Dons with 33 goal involvements in 44 games this season (20G 13A)

I’d be all over Michael Cooper from Plymouth, 22 years old looked excellent against Chelsea in the FA Cup and was named in the league 1 TOTS.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, JTG said:

I understand your point to an extent but I think it should be looked at on a case by case basis. Peterborough finished 7th in Ivan Toney’s last season before he moved to Brentford and scored 31 goals in his first season.

Some players are just so obviously a cut above league 1 level, i.e. Scott Twine at MK Dons with 33 goal involvements in 44 games this season (20G 13A)

I’d be all over Michael Cooper from Plymouth, 22 years old looked excellent against Chelsea in the FA Cup and was named in the league 1 TOTS.

Understand your reasoning and you are correct, however we have often failed in ensuring we do sign up that calibre of player.

We all know Twine will move on as MK Dons will need the revenue but it will not be Boro who get his signature.

5 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm thinking he's probably going to get a season long loan back to Banfield now.

Their season ends on the 23rd of October, our league pauses on the 13th of November and starts again on the 10th of December.

So, if we're not selling him and assuming we can't do a half season loan to Argentina and recall him in August, he'd be back training with our squad for a month or more before we regain his registration in January.

This seems like a not terrible idea, except for the fact Wilder has criticised the South American leagues for a lack of intensity, so he'd come back to us with the same problem of not being up to speed with the league. 

• Like 2

Honestly, any kind of loan out tells me that Wilder doesn't think he can turn it around with Payero or that Payero doesn't want to continue being here and we can't sell.

I just can't see us loaning out a £6m player, even for half our season, without us wanting to move on full stop. Wilder wants to build a squad for next season to get promoted, if he's not in our plans right now, he almost certainly never will be.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Honestly, any kind of loan out tells me that Wilder doesn't think he can turn it around with Payero or that Payero doesn't want to continue being here and we can't sell.

I just can't see us loaning out a £6m player, even for half our season, without us wanting to move on full stop. Wilder wants to build a squad for next season to get promoted, if he's not in our plans right now, he almost certainly never will be.

I don't think he will be in Wilder's plans, really.

But I do think that we'll struggle to get many reasonable offers on the back of what he managed here last season, and a loan might be the best we can manage to get some of his wages off the books and put him in the shop window.

Would obviously be happy to be wrong and see him thrive here though.

• Like 1

Who brought Payero in? 

Gazette (1st August 2021) 

“Payero will be Boro’s sixth signing of the summer and wrapping up the deal is a huge relief to club officials who have worked tirelessly over the summer to land a player who had interest from River Plate, Boca Juniors and one of the Milan clubs in Italy”. 

I just don’t buy that we are going to give up on a 6m player on a 3 year deal. If we do then our transfer business is the same as before and we have learnt nothing!

• Like 4
1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

Who brought Payero in? 

“Payero will be Boro’s sixth signing of the summer and wrapping up the deal is a huge relief to club officials who have worked tirelessly over the summer to land a player who had interest from River Plate, Boca Juniors and one of the Milan clubs in Italy”. 

I just don’t buy that we are going to give up on a 6m player on a 3 year deal. If we do then our transfer business is the same as before and we have learnt nothing!

Lol this IS Boro we're talking about don't forget

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

any loan about is offloading him off the books, loan in championship or league one is to try and get him game time for another chance in my eyes. Guy is not his signing so he may have others in mind who he thinks has more upside to getting them in the squad and up to speed than payero. Maybe him being injured straight away when being subbed on was his last straw

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't think he will be in Wilder's plans, really.

But I do think that we'll struggle to get many reasonable offers on the back of what he managed here last season, and a loan might be the best we can manage to get some of his wages off the books and put him in the shop window.

Would obviously be happy to be wrong and see him thrive here though.

I think him not coming on as sub recently espiealy in preston was telling and most likley was not to risk him being injured in time for a possible transfer . I don't buy there would be no interest aborad for him, and probally won't be much we need to recover off him as sure the 6m figures were dismissed as being way over the top

11 minutes ago, Guffie said:

Hearing payero is more or less gone. Not sure if it’s on loan or permanent 

What a waste if so.. not just the fee you have to factor in travelling over there to complete the deal etc 

2 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Who brought Payero in? 

Totally agree with you.

To be honest this could all well be that his gf is insisting that they return to Argentina because she can't keep pace with life in Middlesbrough or that she has no life.

He obviously is home sick  

I don’t understand it tbf. If he is let go, yeah he has been injury plagued. But who agreed that deal?. I doubt it was warnock, everybody saying “big window for wilder” but I think it is for Scott aswell. His previous signings haven’t lit the riverside alight (sporar, le-siliki and payero if he moves).

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?