oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Maybe Payero will be sent on loan for a season and then return to us once Wilder has gone (18 months is about the average for a champo manager isn’t it??)…the club were desperate to sign Payero and saw something in him although I don’t think he cost £6m.

Was this another one of Gibbo’s “gifts”?

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Guffie said:

I don’t understand it tbf. If he is let go, yeah he has been injury plagued. But who agreed that deal?. I doubt it was warnock, everybody saying “big window for wilder” but I think it is for Scott aswell. His previous signings haven’t lit the riverside alight (sporar, le-siliki and payero if he moves).

I think Scott was likely involved with the Payero deal, albeit probably only on an advisement basis at that point. Possible he was involved with the other 2 you've mentioned there, too, on a similar level. I sincerely doubt he was out negotiating deals for us or even in the building until his actual start date, though.

January wasn't a success either though at least the only permanent signing made in that time looks like he could come good in this side with a bit of work.

It is a big summer for us. Scott has had a the best part of a year to prepare us for it, Wilder has been in the building long enough to get across his feelings too and the club should now be getting on with the job of recruiting the players we want.

Still, I can't say I'm going to hold the last 2 windows against either of them in advance of this one. I'm not convinced but I'm not going to be sat waiting to jump on the club for the moves they make this summer. It's the first time Scott and Wilder will have had the time to really focus together on the recruitment fight, there's no point or reason in my eyes in getting impatient or concerned with either of them because of what has come before, right now. I understand people frustrated with the moves both have been involved with but I think there is ample enough circumstantial reasons for us to treat this point now as the proper clean slate.

• Like 1

This is Boro all over, not sure why anyone would be shocked if it turns out to be true.

It would be infinitely more shocking if we'd uncovered a South American gem who fit into the playing style of our manager. 

Sounds to me like someone within the club got a little overexcited about Payero's potential and went the extra (air)miles and spent over budget to get it done. Just like many of us were excited too... I cba to scroll back through but many on here (myself included) were buzzing when the deal was announced.

Warnock and Wilder have the opinions that matter, and both clearly haven't shared the same enthusiasm... 

• Sad 1
21 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

What a waste if so.. not just the fee you have to factor in travelling over there to complete the deal etc 

For me it’s more the fact that the money could have been used elsewhere.

Warnock was racking through the bargain bins whilst the recruitment department are spending 6m on one player and bidding 12m on another.

Have to wonder if that 6m could have been better invested

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Warnock was racking through the bargain bins whilst the recruitment department are spending 6m on one player and bidding 12m on another.

Well it could have been but not on anyone that Warnock would have signed 🙂

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Not by Warnock.

• Like 1

Hasn't it been refuted by various different sources close to club that the fee was as much as 6mil? Likely heavily bonus based too which he obviously won't havent met. I'd be surprised if we lose more than 2 or 3mil on this deal if we do cut our losses (I hope we don't).

Honestly, I think either way it's worth a risk like that for a player playing at international level for Argentina and I hope we continue to make similar risks alongside the more known quantities. All it takes is one to really work out and we make all the money back. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Tav to Leeds, Payaro going, Wilder to Burnley shall I start one? Leo the new kit man

Are you bored? 😂

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Having a hard time believing he is either not wanted and not that good

Why?  Other than being Argentinian, has he done more in a Boro shirt than the rest of last summer's signings?  We're in the process of completely undoing last season's transfer activity.  After signing twelve players, it's entirely possible that the only two or three remaining will be Crooks, Payero, and Ameobi.  Ameobi we might be stuck with, Crooks has obviously done well this season.  That leaves Payero who has had little impact for different reasons.

Such a waste if payero goes am going to be deverststed like he is the type of players I want us to be signing.  All we have to do is get him fit and on the grass then he produces 

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Such a waste if payero goes am going to be deverststed like he is the type of players I want us to be signing.  All we have to do is get him fit and on the grass then he produces 

Not having a go but how do you actually know?  I think I saw all of his first team action for us, I didn't see anything that massively stood out.  He had a couple of decent moments, a nice enough finish for a goal, some bits and pieces of nice play here and there, but I don't think we saw anything that should lead to us being devastated if he left.  I think it would be a shame if he wasn't give a proper chance to establish himself here, and I don't think he had that this year.  Not sure I'd be devastated about him leaving however.

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well it could have been but not on anyone that Warnock would have signed 🙂

36 minutes ago, macapes said:

Not by Warnock.

Well Crooks > Payero/JLS.

They may not have been great players but better than what we got.

7 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

10 minutes against an awful Cardiff team. Other than that he was meh. Not bad but not a stand out.

I do wonder what the reaction to him would have been if he cost £6m from the Scottish Championship or League One.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?