oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

7 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Nope as I said in my first reply that good footage isn’t the be all and all either. I watch a lot of football and he’s more than good enough to get us out of the division. The biggest problem last season was n it having a good shot stopper, if we had Darlow I’m confident we would have enough points for a play off spot. You disagree that’s fine but don’t mock me with laughing reactions and a sarcastic tone.

Ah, but it is ok to use an arrogant tone is it? Hmm

I trust those in my family that have seen him day in, day out.

In 2021/22 season, Iversen picked up 3 awards at Preston, the supporters player of the season, Players player of the season and the Sir Tom Finney award, Meanwhile Darlow was dropped for poor form. 

Nice chatting to you anyway, oh, and as for the mocking comment, i suggest you find a mirror and look in it, you can thank me later 👍

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

I don't know enough about Darlow to comment. Lumley's issue, as I see it, is that he has trouble judging the line of a ball and reading a game in general. It's the kind of thing that is not immediately apparent but it's why, when facing a shot from distance, he often seemed to fail to make routine saves or was easily out-thought by strikers. The way Wilder asked him to play required him to be really good at reading a game and knowing when to rush out; that turned out to be the weakest part of the game. 

He's tall, fast and agile and is best at making short-range reflex saves and saves in general where he doesn't have time to think. As a very indifferent keeper myself I can tell when I'm properly on my game because it feels like I have time to react. Lumley at his very best is a decent championship keeper but Lumley at his normal ability is hardly even league 1.  His normal ability is far lower than his best: to an extent you wouldn't expect in a professional keeper. 

As a different example, Dimi was a perfectly fine mid-table Championship keeper with a good level of consistent performance. Lumley is capable of making saves that Dimi would have had no chance with but Dimi would consistently give you competence and certain reassurance on the back of that. However, Dimi would probably have done no better than Daniels in Wilder's formation because he's asking for a lot more from his keeper than AK did.

The long and the short of it: Wilder needs a very specific skill set from a keeper. 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Ah, but it is ok to use an arrogant tone is it? Hmm

I trust those in my family that have seen him day in, day out.

In 2021/22 season, Iversen picked up 3 awards at Preston, the supporters player of the season, Players player of the season and the Sir Tom Finney award, Meanwhile Darlow was dropped for poor form. 

Nice chatting to you anyway, oh, and as for the mocking comment, i suggest you find a mirror and look in it, you can thank me later 👍

Nothing arrogant about my tone at all. Tried to have a debate with my opinion but you got my back up by laughing at everything, nothing worse than mocking someone. And as for that final comment, what lovely person you must be. 

• Wow 1
3 hours ago, JTG said:

Northern Echo reckon Karl Darlow is top GK target. Also looking at Daniel Iverson but Preston are interested in signing him on a permenant basis and we’ve asked Leicester to keep us updated.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/20131992.middlesbrough-make-move-newcastle-keeper-karl-darlow/

The ghost of Gary Gill lives on!

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Nothing arrogant about my tone at all. Tried to have a debate with my opinion but you got my back up by laughing at everything, nothing worse than mocking someone. And as for that final comment, what lovely person you must be. 

You began by mocking me over posting a youtube clip and were somewhat arrogant in response. I have no wish to cause an argument, but the mirror comment was merely a frustrated response to a slight lack of self awareness from yourself regarding your accusations of me, apologies if i have offended you as it certainly wasn’t meant to be taken as personally as you seem to have taken it. Best leave it there to avoid derailing the thread.

Enjoy your day 👍

🚨 #Boro’s summer rebuild 🚨

With Boro’s official retained list coming out recently, it’s probably best to drop this thread now 🙌

Without further ado, here’s the huge project Wilder has on and how I’d go about re-shaping this squad 👇

// THREAD 🧵// https://t.co/Y9tsqIowqW

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Like others have said, I would much prefer a Keeper like Mike Cooper, Nathan Baxter or Bazunu from City - they are all young "modern" keepers. 

oh and Gyokeres - get him!

Don’t know how likely Bazunu is, there’s reported Premier League interest in him. I’m very big on Mike Cooper and would love to see us move for him though.

3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

The above is a very good read about what we could do ... 

When does the window open btw? 

10th June

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, JTG said:

Don’t know how likely Bazunu is, there’s reported Premier League interest in him. I’m very big on Mike Cooper and would love to see us move for him though.

Yeah, Bazunu linked with Bournemouth & Southampton.

16 minutes ago, JTG said:

Which Premier League clubs are actually looking for a first choice goalkeeper right now?

Southampton is the only that I can think of with Forster out of contract IIRC.

He's only young and would surely benefit from a place where he's guaranteed game time rather than maybe getting a game for a PL club.

The Championship is still a big step up from League One.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?