oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

30 minutes ago, Bruce said:

It's a good thread but very head in the cloud stuff.

I don't think we'll get more than pocket money for any sales other than Spence. There's also a distinct chance that we won't be able to move on a lot of these players except for another year out on loan with their wages being paid. Although we may get a sticker price of £15m for Spence, there'll be all sorts of instalments involved. I suspect also that our wage bill won't decrease that much because most of the players being moved on are on relatively low wages or already out on loan. Put this together and I doubt we'll have more than £10m to spend upfront with that being reduced by wage demands from the incoming players. I think part of the reason there's rumours of Payero being up for sale is that he's the only player other than Spence that might raise £2m+. I also don't think that Wilder wants to sell any of his crown jewels unless he absolutely has to.

A budget of £30m is a pipe-dream.

Clearly a keeper and two established strikers is the bare minimum we need. 

Looking at Wilder's track record, he is likely to aim for someone whose contract is ending like Wellbeck or Vydra as one of his strikers for the experience then someone from league 1 or being let go from a Championship club. Again, someone like Tom Lawrence fits the pattern of a Wilder signing. Wilder is all about getting the most from fairly limited players. Although I'm sure Scott would love to have the likes of Twine or Gyökeres, in reality we are going to be outbid for them and I don't think Wilder is prioritising them. 

We're not going to be spending £9m on Jamal Lewis. I could see us possibly getting someone like Pedersen from Birmingham as a LB. (It would be the opposite of our usual signing of someone who played well against us.) Not sure of the status of Lee Buchanan from Derby but he fits the Scott mould of young and experienced though he may actually be no better than Bola. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilder makes a go for Jack Robinson from his old club.

Keeper wise, I suspect Darlow is a legit interest but he may be the latest in the Bettinelli mould of keepers who have fallen out of favour because they have gone backwards. I think it's certainly possible that he'll look for a keeper on loan if they have had at least 1/2 a season out on loan already.

I think Wilder's track record is to focus on experienced pros who may be a bit past their peak but still have a few good seasons left and fill out the gaps with younger hopefuls and cheap punts from down the league. 

To be honest, I suspect the signings this summer will look pretty underwhelming on paper. I don't think Wilder does fantasy signings. However, Newcastle has shown that the key is finding unglamorous players who can fit in immediately without needing to learn a new division. 

the instalments won't be an issue as anyone we buy will also be on instalments, and in the case of spence the fact there is potentially several clubs after him - if they don't get into a bidding war (which I don't think they will) stuff like how much is paid up front may be used to swing that deal their way.

But even if we got it on instalments and for some reason we couldn't pay in instalments there's always clubs banks/finance facility which if its like any other business they would buy the debt from the club to advance most of the money to the club on drawdown if needed.

• Like 4
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I think he trains with Chelsea 😀

what ever he does he cashes 35k a week , great work if you can get it lol

1 hour ago, scotty189 said:

Few Keepers from that free list surely worth a punt, Begovic, Forster,  Karius all be great shouts. 

Karius will never ever be a good shout. Sorry.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Rob said:

what ever he does he cashes 35k a week , great work if you can get it lol

I can’t disagree with that 😂

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

Vydra has ACL problem...  definitely a no-no

Just the right signing for us then as we love signing crocked players. 

Hi guys. Apologies for being that guy again but could I please have a summary of what’s happened in the last week or so. 
I can only assume as they are over 40 pages to catch up on that we’ve signed M’bappe and half of the FIFA dream team 

TIA Uwe 

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

Hi guys. Apologies for being that guy again but could I please have a summary of what’s happened in the last week or so. 
I can only assume as they are over 40 pages to catch up on that we’ve signed M’bappe and half of the FIFA dream team 

TIA Uwe 

Karl Darlow is either *** or great and may or may not be a target.

That's about it.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Thinking of Jones being a winger and converting to RWB.. has Chong played as a LWB before? Looked class at Birmingham last year.

Was injured a lot though. 

Darlow is for sure an upgrade on Lumley but someone like Cooper from Plymouth could be our no1 for the next 10 years potentially 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Thinking of Jones being a winger and converting to RWB.. has Chong played as a LWB before? Looked class at Birmingham last year.

Chong has some great attributes. Not sure how consistent he has been though?

When would we realistically expect to start to see signings? I recall not much happens until the seasons finished and for a few weeks after that when players are on holiday.

6 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

This is OneBoro tho and some on here think we have a right to sign the top players and if it isn't a fancy name or anyone that suits there agenda then there automatically crap and not an upgrade. Got to trust Wilder and Co.

Do we have to trust Wilder and Co.?  It's just that if we have to then presumably we also have to accept that Balogun and Connolly were good signings but I know that they weren't.  I think people's opinions on players should be based on the player rather than whether Boro are trying to sign them or not.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?