oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

22 minutes ago, Foogle said:

When would we realistically expect to start to see signings? I recall not much happens until the seasons finished and for a few weeks after that when players are on holiday.

I'm expect 1-2 announced this month. We've done it before the season has finished the last two seasons.

Free Agents of course.

We announced Lumley on the 19th May.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Do we have to trust Wilder and Co.?  It's just that if we have to then presumably we also have to accept that Balogun and Connolly were good signings but I know that they weren't.  I think people's opinions on players should be based on the player rather than whether Boro are trying to sign them or not.

I don't think you trust anyone 🤣 

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Do we have to trust Wilder and Co.?  It's just that if we have to then presumably we also have to accept that Balogun and Connolly were good signings but I know that they weren't.  I think people's opinions on players should be based on the player rather than whether Boro are trying to sign them or not.

I don't think Wilder and Co think they were good signings either mind.  I suspect there wasn't much available in January and we needed something up front, so we took a punt on players who might come good. 

Balogun might have made the step up, he came with some reputation.  Connolly might have found form with a move down to the Championship.

Neither happened obviously.

16 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I'm expect 1-2 announced this month. We've done it before the season has finished the last two seasons.

Free Agents of course.

We announced Lumley on the 19th May.

We can’t sign anyone until the 10th of June.

6 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

This is OneBoro tho and some on here think we have a right to sign the top players and if it isn't a fancy name or anyone that suits there agenda then there automatically crap and not an upgrade. Got to trust Wilder and Co.

Wilder and Co who brought us the pony we signed last season. It's a good job warnocks bargain basement buys turned out to be decent players for us in .

Anybody we sign should be given a chance to prove themselves before they are written off regardless of previous performances but people should have an opinion on whether they believe they are a good signing or not. Wilder & Co will have to actually sign some players who do the business for us before I trust their decisions without question.

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

We can’t sign anyone until the 10th of June.

We can't officially sign them, but there are plenty of signings done in all but name before the transfer window officially opens.

Especially with players set to be out of contract.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

We can't officially sign them, but there are plenty of signings done in all but name before the transfer window officially opens.

Especially with players set to be out of contract.

There’s been a change in transfer window rules for this year it’s not like previous windows.

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

There’s been a change in transfer window rules for this year it’s not like previous windows.

What change is that?

You can still negotiate transfers to take effect when the window actually opens.

We've just seen it happen with Haaland this week, Liverpool negotiated the transfer of Carvalho from Fulham in April.

Anyone we potentially sign won't be registered as our players till after the 10th of June, but the negotiations will still be taking place all the same.

As said above, the same thing happened with Joe Lumley.

We announced him whilst he was still officially a QPR player, and said he would be our player when his contract expired there.

11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

What change is that?

You can still negotiate transfers to take effect when the window actually opens.

We've just seen it happen with Haaland this week, Liverpool negotiated the transfer of Carvalho from Fulham in April.

Anyone we potentially sign won't be registered as our players till after the 10th of June, but the negotiations will still be taking place all the same.

As said above, the same thing happened with Joe Lumley.

We announced him whilst he was still officially a QPR player, and said he would be our player when his contract expired there.

You can negotiate with clubs and players but that’s it you can’t now have it wef ….. which is what was the norm previously.

Last year we agreed with Lumley in mid May and signed contracts with his registration lodged to change on June 1st. The paperwork was all sent ready to be processed.

If this played out this season we can’t lodge the paperwork until 10th June or change his registration until then either. Furthermore any deals agreed prior to the 10th of June aren’t binding.

Last year the Lumley deal was signed and agreed prior to the registration date. If the same happened this year he could walk away from that contract freely any point up until the 10th June and sign for another club.

The same is the case with transfer fees.

Whilst City have announced the deal and probably done 99% of the paperwork if Liverpool came in with an offer today him and his club could change their minds and he could sign for Liverpool.

Pre-contract agreements can be signed with England based soon to be free agents 1 month prior to the end of the contract.

non England based players form the 1st January.

3 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Pre-contract agreements can be signed with England based soon to be free agents 1 month prior to the end of the contract.

non England based players form the 1st January.

Not this season. You can begin negotiating at that point.

24 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Yes you can there’s some that’s already happened have a look round

two football chairman’s disagree with you: but what do they know

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-transfer-window-efl-7068338?fbclid=IwAR2sIDejb-2pOeJAHcnCX0DWRtSqW0XFsBFDVmasNsHdgtzLd3e-UUQMg3Q

6 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

That's not a new rule though, that's the same situation as always.

The only difference is our transfer window dates have changed.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?