oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

23 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Nothings changed at all apart from its a 12 week period ,I’d say these players standing with shirts and contracts signed are pretty sure there going to the new clubs 

Edited by Donnyboro
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

I think the change the Portsmouth chairman is referring to isn't really an issue.

It's just the fact that a player's registration can't be changed to a different club outside of a transfer window now.

Which prevents issues like loan players being ineligible to participate in the play-offs without a specific clause, which happened with us when we signed Kalas on a loan that ended before the play-offs.

There's nothing new preventing negotiations before the window opens.

Players can be poached mid-negotiations, but that was already the case before.

Edited by TeaCider24
31 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think the change the Portsmouth chairman is referring to isn't really an issue.

It's just the fact that a player's registration can't be changed to a different club outside of a transfer window now.

Which prevents issues like loan players being ineligible to participate in the play-offs without a specific clause, which happened with us when we signed Kalas on a loan that ended before the play-offs.

There's nothing new preventing negotiations before the window opens.

Players can be poached mid-negotiations, but that was already the case before.

Bit of a sidetrack from the thing you're discussing but wasn't the Kalas issue that we signed him on one of those 3-month loan deals that only went until a couple of games before the end of the season? I feel like Dean Whitehead or somebody else had to come in earlier than the playoffs, it wasn't just that the deal ended after the Brighton home game.

I have a really vague recollection that Kalas's loan ended around the time we played Norwich away from home, like that might have been his last game. Maybe I'm misremembering.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Bit of a sidetrack from the thing you're discussing but wasn't the Kalas issue that we signed him on one of those 3-month loan deals that only went until a couple of games before the end of the season? I feel like Dean Whitehead or somebody else had to come in earlier than the playoffs, it wasn't just that the deal ended after the Brighton home game.

I have a really vague recollection that Kalas's loan ended around the time we played Norwich away from home, like that might have been his last game. Maybe I'm misremembering.

Yeah, I think you're right, he missed the last two games of the regular season too. I'd forgotten that.

But now, with the exception of emergency goalkeepers, you can only do half season or whole season loans in the EFL.

• Like 1

I know its a longshot but i would be looking at calvin bassey at rangers can defend and is comfortable going forward and can play with the ball at his feet

30 minutes ago, bmt said:

Evening Gazette posting about Darlow… wonder if that means we are close to agreeing terms??

Hope so, as well as being a good keeper, it'll be a big bonus to have that position sorted first thing. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
38 minutes ago, BG93 said:

I know its a longshot but i would be looking at calvin bassey at rangers can defend and is comfortable going forward and can play with the ball at his feet

100%, he’s impressed me this season. Very similar to djiksteel, and would suit wilders system!

The interesting thing with Darlow is he seemed our first choice back in 2017 and we loved for Randolph after the deal for Darlow collapsed IIRC.

Randolph has never really done it in PL but was very good for us in championship. You could argue Darlow has had a better stint in PL than Randolph so that potentially bodes well.

I have not seen much of him but I have a few Newcastle supporting friends so will ask they views. For those who have seen him, what are his main attributes and is he a “Wilder GK”?

I wonder if we make a move for Clark again this summer for the left footed CB role and possibly Jamal Lewis? 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, TLF10 said:

The interesting thing with Darlow is he seemed our first choice back in 2017 and we loved for Randolph after the deal for Darlow collapsed IIRC.

Randolph has never really done it in PL but was very good for us in championship. You could argue Darlow has had a better stint in PL than Randolph so that potentially bodes well.

I have not seen much of him but I have a few Newcastle supporting friends so will ask they views. For those who have seen him, what are his main attributes and is he a “Wilder GK”?

I wonder if we make a move for Clark again this summer for the left footed CB role and possibly Jamal Lewis? 

Need to be targeting a younger LCB for me. If we go for Clark I’d like to see us get a younger one too for the future 

9 hours ago, BG93 said:

Linked with Villa this morning..

19 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

In an ideal world I'd have Stefan Ortega (Bielefeld) on a free. For the past 2 seasons he's been immense for them and off the back of that has been in and around the German national team. But apparently Munich and Leverkusen are sniffing around him. 

Sam Johnstone would be on my list also, he was very good in West Brom's relegation season. But like Ortega Johnstone has interest from clubs further up the food chain.

I would also have had Alex McCarthy high on our list also, but he has very silently signed a new deal at Southampton. Officially not confirmed by the club, but confirmed in the FA's recent annual intermediary fees report. (Strange).

The above are very likely to be out of reach for us in all honesty. With that in mind, the likes of Darlow or Ruddy (in my opinion) would be good additions for us.

In terms of forking out on a transfer fee, I do echo the comments of others regarding Cooper at Plymouth, he does look a very good prospect and to me looks ready for the step into Championship football already.

Mike Cooper won't come cheap very highly rated at Argyle

1 hour ago, Riverside94 said:

Need to be targeting a younger LCB for me. If we go for Clark I’d like to see us get a younger one too for the future 

I thought this. I still think we are weak at CB. 

were really short of a tough no-nonsense centre back that will compliment the more refined players we currently have. fry,dijksteel and mcnair are   good defenders but   can be bullied and we have struggled in melee situations to hoof the ball clear, id be looking at porteuos from hibs    

Edited by Essuuaitch
changed player name
37 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

I thought this. I still think we are weak at CB. 

I think we’ll end up signing Ben Gibson. Wouldn’t go anywhere near Clark after he turned us down in January. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?