oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Maybe it's Wilder's tactics rather than the Strikers themselves?

Having witnessed half a season of it I think many Strikers would struggle, it seems to be too much of a coincidence to be just poor choices every time one is signed. 

I've considered this but his two strikers got 40 odd goals between them last time he managed in this division. Think it's just a case of finding the right combination.

• Like 3
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, Neverbefore said:

I've considered this but his two strikers got 40 odd goals between them last time he managed in this division. Think it's just a case of finding the right combination.

Maybe once he gets his Players in to play his system it will click but I also have a concern that opposing Managers have now sussed Wilderball. Next season will be an interesting watch especially with the amount of new faces required.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Maybe once he gets his Players in to play his system it will click but I also have a concern that opposing Managers have now sussed Wilderball. Next season will be an interesting watch especially with the amount of new faces required.

Pretty much echoes my thoughts.

We know he was successful with Sheffield, but it does seem we are very reliant on being able to acquire a similar squad of players, to make his tactics work effectively...even when opposition teams set up to counter them.

Just got my fingers crossed that lightning can strike twice.

• Like 2

I think the main issue with McBurnie and Brewster is that Sheffield United spunked an absolute fortune to sign them.

£20m on a player who'd managed half a season of senior football was utterly baffling.

Wilder certainly isn't blameless on that, but there were multiple people at the club who signed off on it.

Signing a striker who managed 22 goals in the previous season isn't daft on paper.

Neither is signing one who scored 10 in half a season.

• Like 1

Young midfielder Magnus Kofoed is leaving Nordsjaelland ona free. Just turned 23 and good ball playing defensive midfielder. Excellent passer and work rate. Was made captain at around 21 years and has already racked up more than 170 appearances. Think he’s represented all danish youth teams. Been in connection with Venezia though, but he’d be an excellent addition on a free. Would probably cost 4-5 mil if he was under contract. 

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Young midfielder Magnus Kofoed is leaving Nordsjaelland ona free. Just turned 23 and good ball playing defensive midfielder. Excellent passer and work rate. Was made captain at around 21 years and has already racked up more than 170 appearances. Think he’s represented all danish youth teams. Been in connection with Venezia though, but he’d be an excellent addition on a free. Would probably cost 4-5 mil if he was under contract. 

This kind of information should be communicated with the club IMO. It would cost nothing to check him out

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, Blanco said:

This kind of information should be communicated with the club IMO. It would cost nothing to check him out

Him and out of contract goalkeeper Jacob Rinne are the two players I’d take a look at. Doubt it’ll take much more than 10k a week. Unless they don’t fancy the championship. 

• Like 1

Ben Davies. The ex preston defender now at Liverpool. He been on loan at Sheff Utd but Wilder confirmed he and his team had earmarked him prior to his move in January as a replacement for the injured O’Connell.

He a left footed ball playing CB but dont expect him to remain at Sheff Utd.

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

I always wonder whether someone at the club does check forums etc. to see if a name crops up or something that they may not have thought about.

I do imagine that Scott and co. have went through an extremely large list of players, especially the free agents this year. I don’t think in this day and age clubs would miss out on players due to not knowing about them, but instead just not rating them or think they fit into there criteria.

42 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Ben Davies. The ex preston defender now at Liverpool. He been on loan at Sheff Utd but Wilder confirmed he and his team had earmarked him prior to his move in January as a replacement for the injured O’Connell.

Ye, I'd love to have him here.

He'd be perfect in a Wilder team and along side Fry & Djksteel/McNair would easily be the best back 3 in the Championship.

Just don't know weather we would be able to get him or not?

55 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Guess it might depend on if they go up. Can't imagine Liverpool want to keep him at all so another loan may suit them. Was a very strange signing from Klopp, they were so desperate in the market at the time.

32 minutes ago, LBP said:

Would've loved us to go for Sam Surridge last summer 

Yeah he’s a good player. Very intelligent. Reminds me a bit of bamford with some of the runs he makes.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?