oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Ben Davies. The ex preston defender now at Liverpool. He been on loan at Sheff Utd but Wilder confirmed he and his team had earmarked him prior to his move in January as a replacement for the injured O’Connell.

He a left footed ball playing CB but dont expect him to remain at Sheff Utd.

He seems ideal for us but not sure what his situation is at Sheff Utd. Mid 20's, loads of Championship experience, left-footed and can play left back or centre back.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Alan Nixon’s got some Boro transfer news but you need to pay to read it. Something about Lenihan, no idea who he is. 

Irish Central defender. Blackburn captain and in the current championship team of the season. 28 year old and very good in the air. Old school defender. Would be a very good addition! Especially on a free.

• Like 5

Dont see how Lenihan fits in to our defence given he right footed and we got Dijk, Paddy and Fry for them 2 positions.

However,  seeing as WBA are interested maybe Matt Clarke of Brighton could be an option if WBA dont want him. He a left footed CB who we are are clearly very aware of given he was at the centre of our initial fall out with Derby

• Like 1

A hypothetical,

Let's say that Spence, Jones, Tav and Fry are all valued around the 10M+ mark.

We need to generate around 20M for a decent keeper, CB addition and minimum 2 strikers,

Djed is a given to leave surely, but who would we be least upset to lose after that?

Who's the easiest to replace.. Jones undoubtedly is a player but is he as consistent as Tav or Fry?

Can McGree do the Tav role if he leaves?

IMO a defensive midfielder is up there with what we need next season. A natural successor from Howson, all be it a more natural leader in that position would be great. Joe Rothwell is available on a free, a couple of clubs are after him but would be worth a go. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, bmt said:

IMO a defensive midfielder is up there with what we need next season. A natural successor from Howson, all be it a more natural leader in that position would be great. Joe Rothwell is available on a free, a couple of clubs are after him but would be worth a go. 

Hes not a defensive midfielders him he's much more attacking, I'd have him here in a heartbeat though the way he carries the ball is premier league quality

https://youtu.be/_1wjTp7c2rA

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

A hypothetical,

Let's say that Spence, Jones, Tav and Fry are all valued around the 10M+ mark.

We need to generate around 20M for a decent keeper, CB addition and minimum 2 strikers,

Djed is a given to leave surely, but who would we be least upset to lose after that?

Who's the easiest to replace.. Jones undoubtedly is a player but is he as consistent as Tav or Fry?

Can McGree do the Tav role if he leaves?

You missed McNair but I'd be cashing in on him should we need extra cash following Spence sale.

Don't think he's great at CB, positionally very poor, loses his man a lot. Decent pace and decent on the ball gets him out of trouble a lot l. He's also been less than impressive in midfield. Not saying he's bad, I've harped on enough that I believe Djik/Fry/McNair is about as good a 3 you can hope for at this level, but I think he's the most easily replaced. 

29 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

You missed McNair but I'd be cashing in on him should we need extra cash following Spence sale.

Don't think he's great at CB, positionally very poor, loses his man a lot. Decent pace and decent on the ball gets him out of trouble a lot l. He's also been less than impressive in midfield. Not saying he's bad, I've harped on enough that I believe Djik/Fry/McNair is about as good a 3 you can hope for at this level, but I think he's the most easily replaced. 

yeh, kinda of agree with the McNair view, I think hes good and his natural ability on the ball makes him a good ball playing centre back. But, do think hes not the best defensively and i dont think he looks very good when pushed into the midfield (Which is ment to be his natural position).

If a club came in and offered somthing north of 10 million, i would probably take it.

The vacant goalkeeper position shouldn't be a particularly expensive one to fill this summer. Usually there's usually plenty of good quality Championship quality goalkeepers available for the well run clubs to sign. You only have to look at the number 1's for the top teams in the Championship this season. Fulham have Rodak (academy) and Bournemouth have Travers (academy). Amongst the play-off teams: Huddersfield have Nicholls (free transfer), Forest have Samba (undisclosed fee), Sheffield United have Foderingham (free transfer) and Luton have Shea (free transfer). Now that we have long-term foundations in place and need know what attributes we need from a goalkeeper, such as being comfortable sweeping up with a high defensive line and ability with their feet, we should finally be able to resolve this long running weakness without needing to throw money about.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?