oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

19 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

I believe everyone is available it all comes down to the money on offer. 

I agree but i cant see big money being offered for him.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

According to reports today with Derby Mel Morris paid Steve Gibson £3m compensation.

I think it was @Lurker who said we made around £1.8m from the FA Cup game with Manchester United.

How much did we make from the Tottenham & Chelsea cup games? I know we donated our gate money from the Chelsea game to the Ukraine appeal but assume we still got the TV money from that match. 

The total amount made should cover some transfer fees.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

According to reports today with Derby Mel Morris paid Steve Gibson £3m compensation.

I think it was @Lurker who said we made around £1.8m from the FA Cup game with Manchester United.

How much did we make from the Tottenham & Chelsea cup games? I know we donated our gate money from the Chelsea game to the Ukraine appeal but assume we still got the TV money from that match. 

The total amount made should cover some transfer fees.

Pretty sure we won’t get anything near £1.8m from Man U game. I know we got 45% and MU revenue per game is about £4m, so I can see where figure comes from. This includes all revenue though - gate receipts, programmes, food and drink, hospitality tickets, etc. They make a fortune from hospitality and food and drink. Only the basic gate receipts get shared, so if you charge £150 for a lounge and dinner  ticket and match seat, only the match ticket basic price - say £50 to £60 - gets included in the gate receipts for sharing. MU keep all the hospitality receipts and food and drink etc. Also, the expenses of stewards and security, plus police etc all gets deducted before any sharing.  I would reckon on £2m to be shared - around £900k for us from that game. Maybe £1.5m overall given we donated the Chelsea gate receipts. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Leesider said:

I agree but i cant see big money being offered for him.

Don't disagree, hence I said earlier if we get offered our money back for McNair we'd take it. We can get an improvement at CB imo with cash to spare.

Something else to consider about McNair is he is possibly/probably the biggest wage earner at the club now? Signed for a decent fee when we were still splashing the cash a little. 

6 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Something else to consider about McNair is he is possibly/probably the biggest wage earner at the club now? Signed for a decent fee when we were still splashing the cash a little. 

Signed a contract extension under Warnock when we were not splashing the cash as much. Will still be one of highest earners but not anything club cannot handle.

Plus he probably the most “wilder type” player we have in terms of suitability to this system and his versatility.

I think it will take a bid of £7m for us to consider selling him given he about to enter his prime years.

4 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Signed a contract extension under Warnock when we were not splashing the cash as much. Will still be one of highest earners but not anything club cannot handle.

Plus he probably the most “wilder type” player we have in terms of suitability to this system and his versatility.

I think it will take a bid of £7m for us to consider selling him given he about to enter his prime years.

His versatility is very useful but primarily as a central defender I think the most important job is being able to defend well before we start worrying about overlapping and spraying passes about. We are going to need to move him out of defence at least as a first choice cb if we want to challenge next season. He's not good enough defensively to be playing there week in week out. I honestly think he will take over from howson next season and I'm fine with that I think he will be very good once he settles in that position he's got every attribute needed to be. 

23 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Dont see how Lenihan fits in to our defence given he right footed and we got Dijk, Paddy and Fry for them 2 positions.

However,  seeing as WBA are interested maybe Matt Clarke of Brighton could be an option if WBA dont want him. He a left footed CB who we are are clearly very aware of given he was at the centre of our initial fall out with Derby

Matt Clarke? He's rubbish. No thanks

13 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Matt Clarke? He's rubbish. No thanks

When I seen him he has looked good. Injury record looks suspect mind. Player of season at Derby when he was on loan to them and Bruce labelled him “WBA best player during my time here”.

On 5/13/2022 at 1:12 PM, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Out of interest who was the last player that pleasantly surprised you despite you dreading when they were linked and eventually signed?

I thought Amobi would have had loads of bad games last season but to his credit did not have one bad game.

• Like 1
On 5/13/2022 at 5:22 PM, TeaCider24 said:

Here's the video we shouldn't show to people we're trying to sell Lumley to 😂 

I still cant get over how we dumped man utd out the cup away with him in goal, playing as bad he can 

someone should forward over bruno's miss to the new manager just to make sure he gets released

On 5/13/2022 at 5:35 PM, TeaCider24 said:

It's probably just my terrible memory, but I don't remember Bettinelli making anywhere near as many mistakes as Lumley.

He just didn't make any saves.

I'd genuinely probably go Bettinelli, even though they're both terrible and I'd argue Bettinelli was worse at making saves.

i'd bench who ever im forced to pick and put mcnair in there, was easily our best keeper all season, guy can play anywhere

On 5/14/2022 at 2:40 PM, BoroSmoggie said:

I always wonder whether someone at the club does check forums etc. to see if a name crops up or something that they may not have thought about.

I do imagine that Scott and co. have went through an extremely large list of players, especially the free agents this year. I don’t think in this day and age clubs would miss out on players due to not knowing about them, but instead just not rating them or think they fit into there criteria.

would probably explain why the recruitment usually don't work out lol

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?