oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Would be a shame to lose Jones... But this is the financial reality we are in now. Picking young players up for peanuts, developing them, and selling at a good profit is exactly what we need to be doing. 

Maybe our new RWB won't be quite as good... But if it means we also get a decent LWB and a striker or two with the money, you can see the logic.

• Like 4
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

When they were in the Prem last time they did like to throw their money around.

How much did they spend on Lerma, BIlling, Ibe, Solanke and Ake?

Ibe 15m

Solanke 20m

Ake 25m

Lerma and Billing were also 8’figure sums if I recall 

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

We can't sell Jones unless it is an outrageous fee 25 million plus without him we would be about 18th this season 

25m! I think we would be lucky to get 15m for him personally. I'd rather we didn't sell but the sale plus big money for Spence would fuel some decent signings if Gibson and Wilder want to go for it as Wilder suggested.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I’ve heard some info that I’m passing on. Take it with pinch of salt if you want but apparently Jones to Bournemouth for a sizeable fee 

Heard the same but thought nothing of it.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Ibe 15m

Solanke 20m

Ake 25m

Yup would have to be a club record fee from the cherries to sell

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Ibe 15m

Solanke 20m

Ake 25m

Lerma was £25m and Billing was another £15m

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Ibe 15m

Solanke 20m

Ake 25m

That's why the rumour's believable to me.

Selling Spence and Jones in the same window wouldn't go down well with the fans so Izzy would only be sold if a stupid offer came in and Bournemouth have history of signing unproven young players for daft amounts of money.

3 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

25m! I think we would be lucky to get 15m for him personally. I'd rather we didn't sell but the sale plus big money for Spence would fuel some decent signings if Gibson and Wilder want to go for it as Wilder suggested.

This makes it sound as if we want to sell and just trying to get what we can, we are under no pressure to sell Jones and if a team wants him they should be expecting to pay over what he is "worth" right now. Spence going for good money this summer just reduces the pressure on us even more, if someone wants Izzy they better have a big chequebook.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Aren't Bournemouth wanting Curtis Jones 

They've been comparing themselves to the other teams in the premier league and are trying to "keep up with the Jones's"... although they've taken it too literally by trying to buy every single available Jones? 🤔

• Haha 2

Whilst I really want us to keep Jones here, there are quite a few good RWB's available for modest finances that we could sign to replace him if the money gets to a level that's too good to turn down. There's Ethan Laird from Man Utd who was excellent for Swansea before being recalled and spending the second half of the season on loan at Bournemouth, where he got next to no game time. There's also Kane Wilson from Forest Green who is available on a free transfer. He has a crazy amount of assists and seems to have the vast majority of the Championship seriously interested in him. It's them big calls that I'm imagining we're far more open to now that we have more strategy behind the scenes with buying low and selling high.

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Ben Gibson commented on the errea reveal with a 😍 on Instagram he probably is returning 

Or maybe he grow up wearing Errea kits like some on here and was just nostalgic for him when deal was announced they returning.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Whilst I really want us to keep Jones here, there are quite a few good RWB's available for modest finances that we could sign to replace him if the money gets to a level that's too good to turn down. There's Ethan Laird from Man Utd who was excellent for Swansea before being recalled and spending the second half of the season on loan at Bournemouth, where he got next to no game time. There's also Kane Wilson from Forest Green who is available on a free transfer. He has a crazy amount of assists and seems to have the vast majority of the Championship seriously interested in him. It's them big calls that I'm imagining we're far more open to now that we have more strategy behind the scenes with buying low and selling high.

Joe Gibson can also be RWB...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?