oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

34 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We can't sell Jones unless it is an outrageous fee 25 million plus without him we would be about 18th this season 

gonna get 15 mill tops for players in championship typically, need to be something way more special the standard for 15 mill players in this league to go for more i think anyways. links could also be getting pumped around by his agent in efforts to get him a better deal too, in my eyes 90% of transfer reports usually have motives behind them

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

I love some of our current players but there isn't a player in our squad you couldn't replace with 15 odd million 

If we get £25m+ for Jones and Spence that sets up brilliantly for our summer recruitment 

It's Gyokeres and Twine with 10 mill change minimum 

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

They literally just got promoted, they'll be rolling in money won't they?

Maybe haven't got the money was the wrong wording, more not willing to pay the money. 

Bournemouths team needs some hellish strengthening to survive in the prem. From a outsiders point of view I'm not sure blowing 20m on a championship rwb who has very limited experience is the way to go about. As a Bournemouth you kind of need him to come good whereas someone like a Arsenal or Tottenham can take the risk he duds. Remember that's what got Bournemouth relegated in the first place paying large sums for those mentioned above without them coming good.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Ben Gibson commented on the errea reveal with a 😍 on Instagram he probably is returning 

Maybe - but he also is a fan who grew up with those same shirts we did!

2 hours ago, p_mards said:

Whilst I really want us to keep Jones here, there are quite a few good RWB's available for modest finances that we could sign to replace him if the money gets to a level that's too good to turn down. There's Ethan Laird from Man Utd who was excellent for Swansea before being recalled and spending the second half of the season on loan at Bournemouth, where he got next to no game time. There's also Kane Wilson from Forest Green who is available on a free transfer. He has a crazy amount of assists and seems to have the vast majority of the Championship seriously interested in him. It's them big calls that I'm imagining we're far more open to now that we have more strategy behind the scenes with buying low and selling high.

Laird may have been excellent for Swansea but his actual production wasn't -  3 assists 0 goals in 2,000 mins of football.  Wilson clearly had a good season, and he got 13 assists in 4,000 mins to show for it.  However, Jones got 9 in 3,000 mins of football at two levels above him.  If a sizeable bid comes in for Jones then I've no doubt we'll consider it but the grass isn't always greener, and this is real life not a game of Football Manager...

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Laird may have been excellent for Swansea but his actual production wasn't -  3 assists 0 goals in 2,000 mins of football.  Wilson clearly had a good season, and he got 13 assists in 4,000 mins to show for it.  However, Jones got 9 in 3,000 mins of football at two levels above him.  If a sizeable bid comes in for Jones then I've no doubt we'll consider it but the grass isn't always greener, and this is real life not a game of Football Manager...

Those 9 assists also don't include the 3 (?) own goals he scored and the penalties he won for us as well. He's not had the same production since his purple patch which is to be expected but still looks dangerous every game and tracks back too. We'd be mad to sell in my opinion, but we're at the level we're at and needs must. 

14 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

I’d be fairly happy to sell both spence and jones if we received between 30-35million for both 

In that case I would prepare myself for disappointment, I reckon about £15m-£20m is what we would actually get!

3 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

In that case I would prepare myself for disappointment, I reckon about £15m-£20m is what we would actually get!

yeah I can see 15 mill maybe a little more if everyone bidding tries to out do each other for spence, been know he's been on alot of teams raydars for some time down

but jones, he has shown great potential and done well at times but this guy was on no ones raydar until this season when wilder started and your not going to get 15 million for a few months, i think clubs would bid around the 5 mill mark

1 minute ago, estonpidge said:

was thinking £20m-£25m the pair but hoping for more once someone starts the bidding.

I think they will all probably bid the same in all likeliness, and negotiate on other terms such as how much upfront etc, or simply what they offer to spence rather than the club. 

18 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

If we only got 15-20m for two young English full backs with the teams chasing them it’s been really bad business from the club

21 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I thought the suggestion was that Spence was available for around €12m, which is just over £10m?  That was from the gossip when Bayern Munich were linked a little while back.

Wasn't that figure supposed to have been turned down by Boro in January or at least rumoured to have been? A few of the Student types who claim to be football experts whilst studying for a degree in economics at an unheard of Uni in the Home Counties whilst supporting Milton Keynes or Barrow keep regurgitating it on lame football news websites.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?