oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

To be honest when Wilder mentioned a surprise, I did wonder if it might have been selling Jones that would be the shock. I know he has potential but feel like really he had a good 2/3 of a season and went off the boil towards the end. Purely speculating but Wilder also mentioned attitude over ability. Maybe his attitude isn’t right or he started to believe his own hype and performances suffered. Again purely speculation. But nothing to suggest that Jones will be as good next season or if he has just burst onto the scene. We did say we would plan to pick up gems and sell them on for large profit. Maybe Jones fits that category and if a good offer comes in we sell and go again?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
53 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Maybe we are doing our version of Waggate. Leak a few names to the press and see how many times Bruce tries to buy them.

I do think some of these journos do like to have a go at winding up some fans. 

On 5/15/2022 at 1:18 PM, RiversideRed said:

People need to be realistic with the fees. We ain't going to get close to £10m for McNair let alone north of £10m.

We'd probably be looking at £6m-£7m tops and even that's being ambitious as it would have to come from a Prem team or one of the recently relegated teams with the parachute payments available to them.

It's a shame that both McNair and Dijksteel are fighting for the same spot. 

10 millions isnt a massive amount for a championship player these days, especially if a prem club  interested in them. And remember, saville is a 7 million player and assombalonga was 15 million so what does that make mcnair worth haha?

But i agree, 10 million would be great, realisitically id expect around 7/8 if were lucky. but there would be much point in selling for less so thats why i said 10 million.

3 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Lee Gregory is a good player. We are going to need more than one striker so if he's cheap enough id welcome him

he'll be 34 in august and has never scored more than 10 goals in a championship season, surely hes not the solution to any of our problems?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, tmcc said:

he'll be 34 in august and has never scored more than 10 goals in a championship season, surely hes not the solution to any of our problems?

Rather just keep Uche tbh

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Pork Slops said:

I'd say all of that is about correct except Fry I'd say 15 also, homegrown, only 24, more experienced than all the above even at his age and playing his best football currently.

I think the problem with Fry that to step up to Prem you need at least 1 of great strength, pace or reading and I just think he is OK at all. 

1 hour ago, tmcc said:

Everyone though Balogun was tbh and look how that turned out. He won't be a main striker anyway 

40 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Everyone though Balogun was tbh and look how that turned out. He won't be a main striker anyway 

We already have 2 backup strikers in Watmore and Coburn, assuming Uche and Chuba are sold/loaned out again. We need to be targeting first choice strikers now imo.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

We already have 2 backup strikers in Watmore and Coburn, assuming Uche and Chuba are sold/loaned out again. We need to be targeting first choice strikers now imo.

I do agree with you in that we need to be signing a new first choice striker. However, Gregory would arguably be a better standard back up than Watmore and Coburn. 

I’d rather invest more into Coburn that signing a journeyman like Gregory. 

Jones I’d begrudgingly let go for 12m+. Spence likewise for 15m+. 27m to roughly reinvest with lots of free agents and lower league gems could be our way forward…

This is our recruitment model now. Again it’s down to the recruitment team to be looking at players to come in and do a similar job to those leaving. This summer will be huge for us and them.

They’ve had literally a whole year to plan and prepare for this very summer. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Rob said:

in the championship as well? that takes your value down, and £15 mill tends to be the max you get for the best in the championship unless you have something very very special on your books

Yeah plenty of them from championship teams. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?