oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Bielk has been told to leave Derby county if he wants to feature at world Cup by Poland FA. He would be a great option if we kept him fit

that's one hell of an "if".

about this size:

"if"

Bloke's a walking treatment bill. Talented, but we should steer well clear.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Injuries are a worry. But to be fair, when we signed McNair, he was about as bad if not worse. Played 16 league games the season before signing and 9 the season before that. In his last 3 hes played over 40. He was actually around the same age as Bielik is too. He certainly has the talent to be a huge asset if we feel we can turn it around injury wise like we did with paddy. 

7 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

that's one hell of an "if".

about this size:

"if"

Bloke's a walking treatment bill. Talented, but we should steer well clear.

Atleast would be a rehab  friend for payero 

19 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Injuries are a worry. But to be fair, when we signed McNair, he was about as bad if not worse. Played 16 league games the season before signing and 9 the season before that. In his last 3 hes played over 40. He was actually around the same age as Bielik is too. He certainly has the talent to be a huge asset if we feel we can turn it around injury wise like we did with paddy. 

Don't think Paddy was as bad - he only had the one ACL injury.

Bielik ruptured his ACL and then within months of coming back tore ligaments in his knee (I think they were different knees too, but not 100% sure on that) that knocked him out for another year. 

Transfermarkt isn't always reliable but they have Paddy missing 48 games with his ACL & 10 others in his younger days at Man Utd.

Bielik missed 78 games total with his two injuries, again according to transfermarkt.

His knees are held together with papier mache at this point.

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

You just know that if we signed Bielik Derby fans would be laughing thinking they'd got one over us.

How did it work out for them last time they did that?

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Atleast would be a rehab  friend for payero 

Is Payero injury prone because am sure he only suffered one injury and that was a nasty looking contact one at QPR.

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Is Payero injury prone because am sure he only suffered one injury and that was a nasty looking contact one at QPR.

2 major injuries, one illness since he signed for us.

He was injured when Wilder took over.

In February/March time one of the ITK's (I can't remember who) said that we tried to do a deal with Birmingham for Kristian Pederson in January but we weren't able to get it done. He's my top choice for the LCB role so I really hope we can get him. Though, he'll have the majority of the top end Championship clubs will be seriously interested in him so it'll be a tough one to get done.

Edited by p_mards
16 minutes ago, p_mards said:

In February/March time one of the ITK's (I can't remember who) said that we tried to do a deal with Birmingham for Kristian Pederson in January but we weren't able to get it done. He's my top choice for the LCB role so I really hope we can get him. Though, he'll have the majority of the top end Championship clubs will be seriously interested in him so it'll be a tough one to get done.

Ah yes. Good memory. I am sure that was @CrazyL

• Like 1

I'd ask about Dele Ali on loan.

Guy has surely burned his prem bridges atm. Has Gaston version 2 type signing all over it and we know Boro love a signing like that.

He'd work perfectly as a second striker in the same role Mcgoldrick did for Wilder at Sheff United.

Maybe if they're interested in Spence something could be done. 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I'd ask about Dele Ali on loan.

Guy has surely burned his prem bridges atm. Has Gaston version 2 type signing all over it and we know Boro love a signing like that.

He'd work perfectly as a second striker in the same role Mcgoldrick did for Wilder at Sheff United.

Maybe if they're interested in Spence something could be done. 

Attitude over ability...

Dele Alli will be the last player we sign on that basis. Lads thrown away his career because he's not that bothered. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Attitude over ability...

Dele Alli will be the last player we sign on that basis. Lads thrown away his career because he's not that bothered. 

That and spends most of his playing time sat on his backside whining from what I recall of his time at Spurs.

I hope we are actually looking at players who suite our style of play rather than who is available and we could get them. 

Id rather sign 4 players who will fit our style of play rather than 7 players who are square pegs in round holes. 

like I said yesterday, the recruitment team have had since January to identify targets who will fit the way wilder wants to play. Absolutely 0 excuses. 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?