oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, "KM" said:

Is there anything even in it? Don’t know why we would sign a player from the MLS when Wilder has already mentioned the type of player they are looking at. Don’t know much about the player but I can’t see us looking in the MLS this summer.

The only player we've signed permenantly under wilder was from the MLS...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

The only player we've signed permenantly under wilder was from the MLS...

Technically.

He never played a single game for them and Wilder will certainly have based his opinion on how he played for Birmingham.

This new lad has played in the third division of Germany for a bit and had 3 years in the MLS.

32 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Maybe we already have feelers from a decent club for Fry. Get 14 million for Fry and spend 5 million on replacing him with Gibson. Ideally I’d want to keep Fry but we all know the situation we’re in. That would be decent business and leave us with plenty of money to rebuild if we also get about 15 million from Spence. Replacing Fry with Gibson, who’d still be one of the best in the league, and still have about 20 million to buy other key players should give Wilder everything he needs to mount a serious challenge. 

Only flaw with that plan is Fry actually wants to be here and not a benchwarmer somewhere away from his family,  

27 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Maybe we already have feelers from a decent club for Fry. Get 14 million for Fry and spend 5 million on replacing him with Gibson. Ideally I’d want to keep Fry but we all know the situation we’re in. That would be decent business and leave us with plenty of money to rebuild if we also get about 15 million from Spence. Replacing Fry with Gibson, who’d still be one of the best in the league, and still have about 20 million to buy other key players should give Wilder everything he needs to mount a serious challenge. 

This

Gibson would be an excellent replacement for Fry and with he’s leadership qualities I’d say Gibsons would be an improvement 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Agreed makes sense, probably why it won't happen

• Haha 1
Just now, nunthorpered said:

Few people getting ahead of themselves thinking all of the spence money will be used. We just posted a massive loss. Still on very strict guidelines 

Yeah I can’t see us spending all the transfer income. If we get 15 mil for him I hope wilder gets 10 to improve the team. 

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

Few people getting ahead of themselves thinking all of the spence money will be used. We just posted a massive loss. Still on very strict guidelines 

That massive loss was covid related though nothing to do with our accounts now

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

That massive loss was covid related though nothing to do with our accounts now

Still if you aggregate it its not brilliant. We were skirting FFP when we had Warnock. Won't be any big money signings those days are long gone

1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

Can't wait for clubs to hold us hostage on player fees once they see the tabloid figure for him  

We should be telling clubs that the sale will be finalised on our terms and work to line up some deals beforehand.

Dortmund are the best at this. They never sell a player before they have a replacement lined up, e.g. Malen coming in to replace Sancho, Adeyemi coming in to replace Haaland.

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

Still if you aggregate it its not brilliant. We were skirting FFP when we had Warnock. Won't be any big money signings those days are long gone

In the analysis most of the loss doesn't count in FFP as some is related to academy and stuff 

16 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

We're not even close to skirting FFP, and haven't been at any point in the last 3 years.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?