oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This is the thing, Wilder doesn't.

Doesn't he? Because he thinks he does.

• Wow 1
3 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Only want to sign players that the manager has approved, don't care what they are called or were they play as long as Wilder has final say.

In an ideal world everyone is on the same wavelength, but Wilder can't possibly know or scout every player in the world, so at some point he'll have to trust the analysts and the reports they come up with. If he personally has to check up on every player or only sign players he knows we are back to the limited pool of domestic players and even then there will be plenty of players he won't know much about. The important thing is that everyone knows the kind of style and recruitment we need. If Wilder requests an attacking left wingback with pace and a bit of technique it's up to the recruitment team to find said player and they will probably recommend a couple of targets for Scott and Wilder to choose from.

• Like 4

Liverpool had a baseball style transfer committee when Klopp arrived, it still exists to identify possible players and due diligence is carried out over an extended period but Klopp says yes or no before a player is signed.  Since the change in tack their recruitment has been exceptional. We're not at the same level so the diligence required by us is more important and presenting a manager with a player they don't want only serves to damage the relationship.

• Like 1

If Mogga is winding down on his managerial career so he can spend more time with his family on Teesside. He alluded to having a better “work life balance” in his final press conference as Blackburn then I would much rather have him scouting for us than anyone else.

His ability to spot talent from lower and lesser leagues for little money has been evident plenty of times.

Plus Wilder speaks very highly of him. Rightly so as he is a f**king legend of a man and human being.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If Mogga is winding down on his managerial career so he can spend more time with his family on Teesside. He alluded to having a better “work life balance” in his final press conference as Blackburn then I would much rather have him scouting for us than anyone else.

His ability to spot talent from lower and lesser leagues for little money has been evident plenty of times.

Plus Wilder speaks very highly of him. Rightly so as he is a f**king legend of a man and human being.

Would love Mogga to be back involved, surely he'd want a proper mangers job though still has loads to offer and is top draw still

30 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Kortney Hause set to leave Villa this summer in search of more game time. 26yr old left footed CB who can also play LB.

Big fan of his, but can't see him dropping down divisions.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

In an ideal world everyone is on the same wavelength, but Wilder can't possibly know or scout every player in the world, so at some point he'll have to trust the analysts and the reports they come up with. If he personally has to check up on every player or only sign players he knows we are back to the limited pool of domestic players and even then there will be plenty of players he won't know much about. The important thing is that everyone knows the kind of style and recruitment we need. If Wilder requests an attacking left wingback with pace and a bit of technique it's up to the recruitment team to find said player and they will probably recommend a couple of targets for Scott and Wilder to choose from.

This goes back to the point I made when we found out Wilder was coming here.

Everything's hunky dory as long as everyone is on the same page, is happy with their roles and understands how they are expected to work with the others.

The problems come when individuals start trying to exceed their authority, override others, or operate behind peoples' backs.

Hopefully what you've stated is how things are actually working.

1 hour ago, estonpidge said:

Given Woodgate's scouting of Spanish and Portuguese leagues for Liverpool could be be used in a similar role for us while he's unemployed?

If the club could do with more scouts, it certainly couldn't hurt.

3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Everything's hunky dory as long as everyone is on the same page, is happy with their roles and understands how they are expected to work with the others.

The problems come when individuals start trying to exceed their authority, override others, or operate behind peoples' backs.

It will be when I replace Scott.

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

One issue the Sheff Utd owners had with Wilder is that for a couple of positions he came to them with a list of one and wouldn’t consider other options.

it will be interesting to see how Wilder and Scott etc work together.

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?