oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

8 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

TeamTalk, Talksport and Alan Nixon. 

The bottom of the barrel. 

Whose that other chap? Something Bailey? No not Nicky. Haha.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, LBP said:

Please no...was awful on and off the ball, slow and missed so many chances 

Him and Ramirez were the reason we got promoted. Not saying I would definitely want him back but come on, he wasn’t awful at all. 

Just now, RiversideRed said:

How did I forget Graeme Bailey?

These people who think they're journalists hahaha.

I'm going to start putting free-lance journalist on my CV I reckon. #itk 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, "KM" said:

Him and Ramirez were the reason we got promoted. Not saying I would definitely want him back but come on, he wasn’t awful at all. 

He was a poor striker for us, who also scored 6 very important goals.

1 minute ago, "KM" said:

He was horrific I thought, non league level outside the box

You put Sporar in front of Adomah, Gaston and Downing and he gets 6 in 18 at least as well 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Think like most strikers we sign, we didn’t set up to play to his strengths and then expect them to change their game and still score a bag full. Assombalonga for example I feel would have done well in this wilder team with a partner beside him and Jones playing balls along the floor but we never really did that in his time here.  Personally I wouldn’t mind Rhodes as a bench option and playing in a two. 

• Like 1

I think we will be signing a couple of strikers this summer anyway. I wouldn’t mind Rhodes to be honest if we did end up bringing him in. He hasn’t been a starter for Huddersfield this season but he has been excellent of late. He was class in the play off game last week. 

I think we could do a lot worse than Darlow, Gibson and Rhodes as a starting point this summer. They tick a lot of boxes in positions we really have to get right this summer. 

Edited by "KM"

If we get rid of Ikpeazu, Akpom. Then Rhodes would be fine as long as we buy another main striker. 

So our striking options would be -

Unknown profilic championship striker, Rhodes, Watmore, Coburn

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind having Rhodes back.  

I liked him, but he was never a lone striker type. 

His best season was alongside the one we don't speak about ... 

I imagine a Wilder set up would work... Cause he is a better finisher than what we just had ... And he has the most important attribute ... Instinct ...

4 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

If we get rid of Ikpeazu, Akpom. Then Rhodes would be fine as long as we buy another main striker. 

So our striking options would be -

Unknown profilic championship striker, Rhodes, Watmore, Coburn

Not thrilled with that prospect.

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I remember Ramirez giving him the stink eye after he missed 2-3 sitters. Ramirez carried us attack wise nothing to do with Rhodes.

That said I'd prefer Rhodes with his positive attitude as a squad player over another Conolly.

• Like 5
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?