oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

14 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

If we get rid of Ikpeazu, Akpom. Then Rhodes would be fine as long as we buy another main striker. 

So our striking options would be -

Unknown profilic championship striker, Rhodes, Watmore, Coburn

Coburn should be out on loan for a full season. We need 4 new strikers IMO.

• Like 4
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 hours ago, "KM" said:

Is Kieran Scott just Gary Gill in disguise? 😂

Don’t be silly. Scott wouldn’t know a decent bottle of Bordeaux if it kicked him in the knackers.

18 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I remember Ramirez giving him the stink eye after he missed 2-3 sitters. Ramirez carried us attack wise nothing to do with Rhodes.

That said I'd prefer Rhodes with his positive attitude as a squad player over another Conolly.

Well given that Connolly had neither attitude nor ability...

what's happening with Akpom this summer? was his loan move to Greece a loan to buy a deal?

Any chance WIilder might want to take a look at him?

7 minutes ago, tmcc said:

what's happening with Akpom this summer? was his loan move to Greece a loan to buy a deal?

Any chance WIilder might want to take a look at him?

Suppose there's always the chance he could impress in pre-season but with a 1 in 5 strike rate in a weaker league he's hardly pulled up trees in Greece.

3 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Shut the back door...There's your 20 or 18 points...Don't concede and you don't get beat jobs a good un

It is the area I would strengthen along with a creative midfielder which in affect should help us score more goals. 

• Like 1
Just now, JTG said:

Suppose there's always the chance he could impress in pre-season but with a 1 in 5 strike rate in an weaker league he's hardly pulled up trees this season.

across all comps he did orite it seems, nothing special tho, just wonder more what the craic is with him. is he defo gone?  He had one poor season with us with Warnock in charge so i dont really blame him for not doing that well as nobody did.
interested to see if he's given a chance to prove himself.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Coburn should be out on loan for a full season. We need 4 new strikers IMO.

Wilder has previously confirmed he wants 5 strikers in his squad.

I think we will be signing 3 strikers this summer with Coburn and Watmore making 2 of the 5 already

I would only want Rhodes if he coming in as a 3rd choice striker. Albeit I feel McGoldrick and Grabban on free transfers would be better options.

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Wilder has previously confirmed he wants 5 strikers in his squad.

I think we will be signing 3 strikers this summer with Coburn and Watmore making 2 of the 5 already

I would only want Rhodes if he coming in as a 3rd choice striker. Albeit I feel McGoldrick and Grabban on free transfers would be better options.

I think Akpom or Ikpeazu will make one of the five if that’s how many he wants. Watmore, Coburn, Rhodes (potentially), Ikpeazu/Akpom and one other. At least we know Mitrovic’s record isn’t in any danger of being broken. 😂

20 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

why are the only options were looking at to solve our lack of goals, strikers who not only lack goals but are also getting on in years? we were linked with lee Gregory earlier, a strike whos never scored more than 10 goals in a season in the championship and now we're looking at Mcgoldrick who turns 35 this season, Rhodes who turns 33 and neither has a good goal-scoring record of late.

grabban is the best of the bunch in terms of goals but turns 35 this coming season aswell. Also, apart from mcgoldrick, not sure grabban or rhodes are the high-working strikers that Wilders style demands.

Surely we can do better then these players that at best we might get 1/2 seasons out of. And shouldn't we be looking for long replacements rather than these short-term fixes?

Edited by tmcc
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I think Akpom or Ikpeazu will make one of the five if that’s how many he wants. Watmore, Coburn, Rhodes (potentially), Ikpeazu/Akpom and one other. At least we know Mitrovic’s record isn’t in any danger of being broken. 😂

Uche has no chance of making the 5. He did not convince Wilder back in January and did little at Cardiff since to change Wilders mind. Personally think Uche offers us a different option but Wilder thinks differently.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tmcc said:

why are the only options were looking at to solve our lack of goals, strikers who not only lack goals but are also getting on years? we were linked with lee Gregory earlier and now were looking at Mcgoldrick who turns 35 this season, Rhodes who turns 33 and neither has a good goal-scoring record of late.

grabban is the best of the bunch in terms of goals but turns 35 this coming season aswell. Also, apart from mcgoldrick, not sure grabban or rhodes are the high-working strikers that Wilders style demands.

Surely we can do better then these players that at best we might get 1/2 seasons out of. And shouldn't we be looking for long replacements rather than these short-term fixes?

I was not suggesting any of them come in as first choice. Or even 2nd choice. But they might be shrewd options off the bench.

We are discussing them mentioned as they currently unattached bar Rhodes who I think becomes unattached very soon.

12 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I was not suggesting any of them come in as first choice. Or even 2nd choice. But they might be shrewd options off the bench.

We are discussing them mentioned as they currently unattached bar Rhodes who I think becomes unattached very soon.

i didn't assume they'd be the first choice, my issue is that I don't see what they offer. As I said their records are poor (of late) expect grabban, there all getting on in years and Wilder demands constant pressure from his forwards and high work rate, not sure if any of those names would be up to it.

2 minutes ago, tmcc said:

i didn't assume they'd be the first choice, my issue is that I don't see what they offer. As I said their records are poor, there all getting on in years and Wilder demands constant pressure from his forwards and high work rate, not sure if any of those names would be up to it.

Journos and fans know their names so they get linked, I'd imagine a lot of our buys aren't big names or obvious transfers come the end of the summer.

We're not exactly getting value out of Scott and the scouting team if a couple of Journos and fans on a forum could do their job. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jmsguzzi said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing Cyrus Christie back as competition for Jones, good RWB at this level and not wanted at Fulham.

He is very good as a forward minded RWB, but dire when defending. The amount of times he switches off at the far post losing his man or fails to stop crosses is unreal. No for me.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?