oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Guffie said:

It was only a matter of time before we heard about Prem interest in Tav. He is a Premier League quality player and he’s probably the only player I would be gutted about losing.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Fry & Tav 2024.png

Just to follow on about Wood, I have heard through somebody familiar with the situation that he has turned down our contract extension and would like to leave the club.

9 minutes ago, Will said:

Just to follow on about Wood, I have heard through somebody familiar with the situation that he has turned down our contract extension and would like to leave the club.

That's a shame if true, but he's done nothing to justify starting for us yet and plenty of defenders wouldn't have even have made a senior appearance yet at his age.

Disappointed if he's kicked off about a lack of game time at 19.

Southampton also targetting Tav so may be the news leading to that tweet was confused from dorset/hampshire rumour mills.

as for Fry, newcastle may dip thier feet with an offer from reading the local papers here(consett)

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

That's a shame if true, but he's done nothing to justify starting for us yet and plenty of defenders wouldn't have even have made a senior appearance yet at his age.

And when he has started he’s often been the worst outfield player on the pitch 

• Like 1

We're a Championship club so it would be unusual if we didn't have some interest in our best players - especially young English ones. Feel like the club would want big money for Tav - especially if the 2024 date from Craig Johns is correct.  

I'd be gutted to lose Wood. When he came on the scene a few years back I thought he would be our greatest youth talent of the last decade, looked to have absolutely everything to take him to the very top.

He definitely hasn't kicked on like I'd hope but In fairness he's had some very poor loans. Its something I've noticed quite a bit over the last 5/6 years with us. Our loan choices for young players seem very poor. Can't remember any coming back stronger from them barring the obvious Spence situation this season.  Didn't Fry have a shocking loan at Rotherham? 

8 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

And when he has started he’s often been the worst outfield player on the pitch 

Yeah, he's not looked great for us when he had played.

But I'd still seen him as the next in line and was expecting him to start slotting in now and again in the near future.

2 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I'd be gutted to lose Wood. When he came on the scene a few years back I thought he would be our greatest youth talent of the last decade, looked to have absolutely everything to take him to the very top.

He definitely hasn't kicked on like I'd hope but In fairness he's had some very poor loans. Its something I've noticed quite a bit over the last 5/6 years with us. Our loan choices for young players seem very poor. Can't remember any coming back stronger from them barring the obvious Spence situation this season.  Didn't Fry have a shocking loan at Rotherham? 

Jones, Brynn and Hemming have all had successful loans recently.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Kind of feels like the early hype has gone to his head. He couldn't even get a game for Hibs, even Warnock called him out on that move if I remember rightly because he clearly wasn't expected to come in and just play.

Can't fault the lad for having ambitions of first-team football but I certainly feel like it's questionable where he expects to get it right now.

• Like 1

Even when playing for the U23's Wood doesn't even stand out. When I have watched him he has been played as RCB and has been overshadowed by Bilongo on the other side playing at LCB.

When he first started playing I thought he would be a Teesside version of Rio Ferdinand in the way he played but he looks more like a 37 year old Sol Bamba but just not as good.

17 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Yeah, he's not looked great for us when he had played.

But I'd still seen him as the next in line and was expecting him to start slotting in now and again in the near future.

From what I've been told he has been told there are no plans for him to get first team football this year and the club want to send him on loan again.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?