oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, Hendrie_7 said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-spence-early-talks/

"Tottenham have opened preliminary talks to sign Middlesbrough sensation Djed Spence, Football Insider understands. (...)  It is believed a fee of around £10million will be enough to complete a deal for Spence, the source added."

I think someone needs to let them know it's not January any more.

16 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-spence-early-talks/

"Tottenham have opened preliminary talks to sign Middlesbrough sensation Djed Spence, Football Insider understands. (...)  It is believed a fee of around £10million will be enough to complete a deal for Spence, the source added."

Here's hoping for a bidding war to push the price up.

Agree with TLF and Durham that £10m after the season Djed's had seems a bit lightweight.

• Like 1

Djeds had 1 good season if we are to believe the hype. On the few occasions ive watched Forest I dont think he played that well, especially towards the back end of the season, I think £10-12m is about right!

According to talkSPORT Boro Are Reportedly Making A Move For Bournemouth Pair Jack Stacey & Gavin Kilkenny.

Can't say i know too much about either, Stacey played around 20games last season so must have something about him.

end of day spence is a championship player, one good season under his belt, but also someone who's been watched since he come to us.

But typically 15 million is the cap for 99% of championship footballers and that was before covid (I'm not convicned sale values for the whole of the market are back to where they were pre-covid) 

So reports saying 10 million bid in bound are not really miles away from what he probably will be selling for, I dont think any of these reporters are in the know with figures and they are just speculation/guesses. But I never saw us getting anything more than 15 mill tops. Seen people quoting 20-25 mill but would of thought that would be more a figure that would be expected if the was breaking into premiership teams in the season just gone, not a championship team. 

Great prospect and I think we should get a decent fee for him, however our own fans (like at any other club) are always going to over-value players - epically when you compare them to premier league player sales with the told well if so-so sold for 15 mill then he's worth 30 lol

20 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

According to talkSPORT Boro Are Reportedly Making A Move For Bournemouth Pair Jack Stacey & Gavin Kilkenny.

Can't say i know too much about either, Stacey played around 20games last season so must have something about him.

Wilder made a specific comment about Bournemouth squad last season. Saying he was shocked at some of the players not even making they matchday squad. Funnily enough Killenny and Stacey were two who were missing out.

Kilkenny is a midfielder. A no.6 more than a no.8 iirc.

Stacey is a RB.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Wilder made a specific comment about Bournemouth squad last season. Saying he was shocked at some of the players not even making they matchday squad. Funnily enough Killenny and Stacey were two who were missing out.

Kilkenny is a midfielder. A no.6 more than a no.8 iirc.

Stacey is a RB.

So could Kilkenny be the Howson replacement/competition then?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Great prospect and I think we should get a decent fee for him, however our own fans (like at any other club) are always going to over-value players - epically when you compare them to premier league player sales with the told well if so-so sold for 15 mill then he's worth 30 lol

Spence would have been lucky to fetch a 7-figure sum, never mind an 8-figure one, going by comments on here last year.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?