oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So could Kilkenny be the Howson replacement/competition then?

He'll be the Connolly replacement, a tiny angry Irish-man from the south-coast.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, MikeyBoro said:

Tom Barkhuizen released by Preston - any takers? Would surely be decent for us in the wingback system?

Would be decent as a squad player. But always thought he was more of an attacking winger than a wingback?

8 minutes ago, Foogle said:

He'll be the Connolly replacement, a tiny angry Irish-man from the south-coast.

Galway( Connolly) or Dublin( Kilkenny) are nowhere near the south coast🤣

2 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

According to talkSPORT Boro Are Reportedly Making A Move For Bournemouth Pair Jack Stacey & Gavin Kilkenny.

Can't say i know too much about either, Stacey played around 20games last season so must have something about him.

Stacey looked like a carthorse at the Riverside. Bournemouth fans I've seen posting about him other platforms seem to rate him. 

Kilkenny looks a tidy enough midfielder from the little I've seen of him plays in the howson role but another small player. I wouldn't be wanting to spend much more than 2 mil on either of them.

55 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Spence would have been lucky to fetch a 7-figure sum, never mind an 8-figure one, going by comments on here last year.

yeah and them comments were also ridiculous too, as he would of went at the point of loan to another club for a few million if someone was going to buy at that point, and few million I'd of said was just down to what clubs had been keeping an eye on him ever since we picked him up as should have been easy for any outsiders to see that him not being included no more was down to system rather than the player.  but is funny how alot of people who I'm guessing were probs those offering to pay for his taxi away are probably those thinking how we going to spend all these tens of millions of pounds we going to sell him for. 

52 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Would be decent as a squad player. But always thought he was more of an attacking winger than a wingback?

Looks like he played there for Preston last season, albeit in one of his poorest for goals and assists!

1 hour ago, scotty189 said:

According to talkSPORT Boro Are Reportedly Making A Move For Bournemouth Pair Jack Stacey & Gavin Kilkenny.

Can't say i know too much about either, Stacey played around 20games last season so must have something about him.

Alex Crooks is the reporter who said it and he is definitely reputable for Bournemouth info.

5 hours ago, tmcc said:

id like to see what ameobi can do, proven winger at this level and is the exciting type of forward player we often lack at times. also one poor season for akpom under Neil warnock  isnt enough for me to write him off either as nobody performed well that season in forward departments. Defo worth a look at atleast for me in pre season.

I mean we literally don’t play with wingers so what is there for Ameobi to do? It will be like Hernandez again with a square peg in a round hole. Get him home and save some wages. 

9 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Alex Crooks is the reporter who said it and he is definitely reputable for Bournemouth info.

Might just be that we’re putting feelers out for numerous players

I’ve come round to the idea of keeping Tav. He has premier league potential, but ability wise he isn’t showing it at the moment, so I think now is the right time to let him go.  
Spence I’d rate higher as Spence has performed more than Tav on a consistent basis and his value has sky rocketed. Tav maybe needs to play in a different team / system to showcase his skill set. But he’s had two pretty average seasons with us back to back (three included Warnocks). I’m not sure he’s commanding a high fee if he goes. 10m tops 

1 minute ago, Riverside94 said:

Stacey is a RB/RWB is he not? Funny signing if he’s back up to Jones. 

Bournemouth fans saying he's not the best defender either so doubt we'd be looking to convert him into a CB.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?