oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, Tom said:

Yeah, true. I'm still not sure I buy it though.

I dunno, with some of the names we're being linked with it wouldn't be a massive surprise to me if we signed someone like him, and as he's the person most like him then he would be the ideal candidate.

• Like 1

Probably just me being sentimental, but I don't think he'd be worst signing as back up.

It probably helps that he played well both times I watched him against us at Birmingham.

He'd do a better job than Peltier did and has been playing LCB all year, but still a pass from me... Our model should be developing youngsters (that have resale value) playing the backup role rather than old veterans. I'd prefer the experience in the starting 11 rather than on the bench.

5 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

It’s not just one bad season under Warnock it’s a full careers worth. Despite playing in lower quality leagues he has never scored more than 10 in a season.

he was 24 when we signed him, so not really a full career to speak of. Also, his two seasons prior to coming to us in greece and his one season in Belgium were not bad at all, especially when you consider he was between 20-23 at the time.
Also in 9 in 35 across all comps this season, no worse than what we already have. And I'm not saying put him in as first choice, just saying surely its worth a look at him as one of the backups since he's already at the club.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Foogle said:

He'd do a better job than Peltier did and has been playing LCB all year, but still a pass from me... Our model should be developing youngsters (that have resale value) playing the backup role rather than old veterans. I'd prefer the experience in the starting 11 rather than on the bench.

Pelts got more minutes (out of position) for a promotion chasing team than Friend did for a *** team this season. Don't know if he's an upgrade

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Is that in an academy coaching role

One can only hope so. 

I mean where is a LB going to fit into a system that only plays CBs and wing backs? 🤷‍♂️

Plus at his age he's not likely going to have the legs to do the amount of running Wilder likes his players to do (at least not twice a week). 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

I’ve come round to the idea of keeping Tav. He has premier league potential, but ability wise he isn’t showing it at the moment, so I think now is the right time to let him go.  
Spence I’d rate higher as Spence has performed more than Tav on a consistent basis and his value has sky rocketed. Tav maybe needs to play in a different team / system to showcase his skill set. But he’s had two pretty average seasons with us back to back (three included Warnocks). I’m not sure he’s commanding a high fee if he goes. 10m tops 

Tav is playing in the exact right team and role to showcase his skillset, and is doing so consistently. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, notjade said:

Pelts got more minutes (out of position) for a promotion chasing team than Friend did for a *** team this season. Don't know if he's an upgrade

That's why I'd have neither personally.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

I mean we literally don’t play with wingers so what is there for Ameobi to do? It will be like Hernandez again with a square peg in a round hole. Get him home and save some wages. 

i take the point, i could see offering something different as a 5th-choice striker. He's 6'4 with pace and dribbling ability. Also i doubt he's on much money and im sure he could offer something different that we desperately needed at times this season.

8 minutes ago, notjade said:

While its clearly not all George's fault, Brum's defence was bloody awful. Guessing playing as a CB didn't really suit him.

3 minutes ago, tmcc said:

he was 24 when we signed him, so not really a full career to speak of. Also, his two seasons prior to coming to us in greece and his one season in Belgium were not bad at all, especially when you consider he was between 20-23 at the time.
Also in 9 in 35 across all comps this season, no worse than what we already have. And I'm not saying put him in as first choice, just saying surely its worth a look at him as one of the backups since he's already at the club.

I would hope Wilder runs his eye over him in the Summer before making a decision unless of course Chuba has already made his mind up on Boro. To me he looks much more like a Wilder Striker than a Warnock one. 

3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

One can only hope so. 

I mean where is a LB going to fit into a system that only plays CBs and wing backs? 🤷‍♂️

Plus at his age he's not likely going to have the legs to do the amount of running Wilder likes his players to do (at least not twice a week). 

Rhodes, Gibson and now Friend, I wonder if Leadbitter and Dimi have enough Tiger balm to get them through two games a week, let's get the band back together

• Haha 1
Just now, AllBoro10 said:

Gibson, Rhodes, Friend?? I look for meats to the return of Kike Sola

Same sort of links that get banded around every transfer window, wouldn't pay them much mind.

• Like 3
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?