oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I wish I'd been on this forum the last time we actually signed a Danish player 😂

Even though it was the dreaded Snakewaite.

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Is there any good websites for statistics. To see the rankings for Tavernier in Key Passes, Tackles etc compared to the rest of the championship. I know he ranked Top 10 in both of those. But I would like to see a full list of where players ranked on those stats and other stats throughout the season.

11 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

Newcastle to listen to offers for Matt Ritchie, could be interesting to see if we get linked with a move for him 

Might be possible if he wants to stay in the area. But as far as I know he’sa London not don’t he? 

13 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

Newcastle to listen to offers for Matt Ritchie, could be interesting to see if we get linked with a move for him 

Are we opening a care home? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
21 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

I haven't seen him play for a while but if his levels are even close to what they used to be he'd be a great player to have at LWB in the Championship. We'd finally have someone who can put a decent set piece in as well. Obviously depends on the costs involved.

26 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Any takers?

Nope. Gone massively downwards over the last couple of years. I'll take Jacob Rinne in a heartbeat. Best keeper in the Danish league and leaving his club on a free as he want's to move to another league.

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Nope. Gone massively downwards over the last couple of years. I'll take Jacob Rinne in a heartbeat. Best keeper in the Danish league and leaving his club on a free as he want's to move to another league.

I'd take both, as both are better than what we have.

13 hours ago, Will said:

I don't think corner taking ability is really something that pushes someone over that £10m threshold. He can be both one of our better corner takers, and still not be a particularly good corner taker, but that really feels like grasping at straws for something to still criticise him with. 

The point I was saying is that he isn’t great at set piece delivery, and for a player who would be pushing north of 10m, you’d expect better and more consistent delivery. 

His midfielder rank is 149 out of 588 players last season. 

2018- 20 games, 3 goals, 1 assist.

2019- 37 games, 3 goals, 5 assists.

2020- 29 games, 3 goals, 4 assists.

20201- 44 games, 5 goals, 5 assists. 

In a span of 4 years, I’m seeing a slight improvement, but he’s hardly pulling up trees? 
This season he has had 86 shots and only got 28 on target. So he’s not a goal scoring midfielder, but then also isn’t providing assists either? Hence why I said yesterday he is useful to make us tick over in midfield, but let’s not pretend that he is integral to us in the final third. 

McGree 23 games- 4 goals, 2 assists. 
Payero 12 games- 1 goal, 1 assist. 
Howson 45 games, 1 goal, 4 assists Crooks 39 games, 10 goals, 2 assists. 

like I said, I do not dislike him, but he’s just part of a lacklustre midfield for me who could and should be doing more 

7 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

The point I was saying is that he isn’t great at set piece delivery, and for a player who would be pushing north of 10m, you’d expect better and more consistent delivery. 

His midfielder rank is 149 out of 588 players last season. 

2018- 20 games, 3 goals, 1 assist.

2019- 37 games, 3 goals, 5 assists.

2020- 29 games, 3 goals, 4 assists.

20201- 44 games, 5 goals, 5 assists. 

In a span of 4 years, I’m seeing a slight improvement, but he’s hardly pulling up trees? 
This season he has had 86 shots and only got 28 on target. So he’s not a goal scoring midfielder, but then also isn’t providing assists either? Hence why I said yesterday he is useful to make us tick over in midfield, but let’s not pretend that he is integral to us in the final third. 

McGree 23 games- 4 goals, 2 assists. 
Payero 12 games- 1 goal, 1 assist. 
Howson 45 games, 1 goal, 4 assists Crooks 39 games, 10 goals, 2 assists. 

like I said, I do not dislike him, but he’s just part of a lacklustre midfield for me who could and should be doing more 

If you think he's lacklustre then I honestly think your expectations are unrealistic. You need consider his overall game he spends so much time in our half chasing back and covering space. Your judging him purely on goals and assists... for one thing he's still got more assists than any of the mids on the list and would if everyone had the same amount of apps and hes top 10 for key passes as explained earlier. Our strikers were total planks too which doesn't help. Secondly if he was playing as he did last season and had a significantly higher goal contribution rate at 23 then he would be playing in a top 6 team in the prem. Also consider his injuries in previous seasons.

You offer up our existing midfielders as some sort of comparison like they are on similar level I find that quite baffling in truth mcgree for example would offer nowhere near the ground coverage, pressing, ball winning, tackling and by the stats he won't be getting many more goal contributions so how is that replacing him? You could say that with every one of our midfielders because they are all inferior players. 

If we had 3 taverniers we would have by a mile the best midfield in the league.

• Like 3

Is that why we want to get rid of Daniels and Lumley, lack of goals and assists? Because I don't think you should be basing an assessment of a player in a balanced CM role solely off their goal contributions...

• Like 1
Just now, Foogle said:

Is that why we want to get rid of Daniels and Lumley, lack of goals and assists? Because I don't think you should be basing an assessment of a player in a balanced CM role solely off their goal contributions...

Too many people do. It's goal contributions and nothing else that people look at.

2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Too many people do. It's goal contributions and nothing else that people look at.

Thats like judging a fish on it's abillity to climb trees ...

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?