oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

4 hours ago, JTG said:

Kieran Maguire did a breakdown of each championship clubs 20/21 accounts when they were published earlier this year. Bournemouth’s average weekly wage was £27,500, ours was £12,500. They’ve managed to retain the vast majority of their squad since relegation with Danjuma being the only major outgoing.

My argument with Mitrovic was only to say that just because a player is surplus to requirements doesn’t mean they are not good enough.

I’m also shocked that you think Howson - our player of the season - should be easy to replace. Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but I personally wouldn’t be shelling out for another midfielder when I feel there are much more important positions to fill. Of course a lot depends on the budget we are working with, but I think we need two strikers, a left wing back (maybe even two), a right wing back, a centre back, and a goalkeeper. I just can’t see us filling each of these positions and getting another midfielder in.

I don’t even think in the grand scheme of things that our midfield was that much of an issue last season, it was an inability to score and leaking too many at the back that ultimately cost us.

The fact us at his age he doesn't want to be playing 46 games so next season we need someone who can replace him. I don't think kilkenny is an upgrade on howson but if its a loan then I'd be happy to see how he can get on. He's a decent player from what I've seen but that's about it. If we're going to spend money on him I'd be concerned if it was over 2 million. Personally I wouldn't mind someone with a bit more height and presence in the middle of the park.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just catching up thanks guys for some interesting contributions.

Have to say I would prefer not to include others hopefuls next season perfect example was Balagon he was not what we expected really was he?

Also and worth baring in mind with Sunderland now promoted will they be seen as a "preferred" place to go, we all know how difficult it has been to attract players to the NE (Newcastle will buck that trend due to mega money).

Hopefully when we find out who is being released by Boro we will have a better idea as to the work Wilder has to do

8 hours ago, TLF10 said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-loan-exit-round-up-24049100

This article mentions we are releasing Ste Walker this summer. His release is no surprise but dont think club have confirmed his release.

Article again mentions figure of above £10m for Spence. Echo saying £20m. Hopefully somewhere in between.

hopefully North of £20m, realistically somewhere in between.

16 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

hopefully North of £20m, realistically somewhere in between.

We rejected 10mil in January I believe so I doubt we will sell for that now. I can see someone stumping up 15mil or thereabouts. We do need at least 2 teams bidding tho or we may be held to ransom. 

Balogun was a strange one  I actually really like him and would love to get him back, I know he didn't exactly pull up trees but I thought he was starting to grasp what the Championship was all about and was the sidelined for some unknown reason.

I reckon with a full preseason he could become a right handful in this league, my only concern is weather there was some sort of fallout which led to his omission from the starting 11 towards the end.

Watch him sign for someone like Swansea on loan next season and bag 20 odd goals

• Like 9
13 minutes ago, mj south said:

Balogun was a strange one  I actually really like him and would love to get him back, I know he didn't exactly pull up trees but I thought he was starting to grasp what the Championship was all about and was the sidelined for some unknown reason.

I reckon with a full preseason he could become a right handful in this league, my only concern is weather there was some sort of fallout which led to his omission from the starting 11 towards the end.

Watch him sign for someone like Swansea on loan next season and bag 20 odd goals

Not sure I'd have him back but he was very poorly handled. Finally found a bit form with us and England then was never seen again. Especially considering he was been kept out by bloody Aaron Connolly.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Bournemouth didn't spend much last year, probably about the same as we did I think?

For some reason they clearly rated other people ahead of the lad.  Nothing wrong with that of course, and it doesn't need to be a reflection of his ability.  My issue would be if he was our sole midfield signing, then we'd be putting a lot of faith in someone who was taken out of the Bournemouth side for whatever reason.  At some point we need to be bringing in players who will replace those we already have otherwise we're just not improving.

It was his first season of senior football. Before then he had only played one league game and a couple of cup games. I would think even if they rated him highly, they didn’t want to take a risk with him being a mainstay of the promotion charge. It does seem strange though that he didn’t get any games after January. They  must have had injuries to other players even with a large squad, for example. 

That of course supports your point about not wanting him as only midfield signing for us. On the other hand, If they only want to loan him out, and Bournemouth aren’t greedy with a loan fee, he could be a good gamble. His wages won’t be high  as he is on a long term contract signed before he broke into their team. They will also probably recognise that he might not be ready for 46 championship games in a season yet.

48 minutes ago, mj south said:

The fallout being that he just wasn't good enough to be playing at top half of the championship. He looked like a kid playing mens football and just wasn't ready for the level that was required. Neither was Connolly so in the end it was two very poor loans and I'd rather not take that gamble. He may well score goals in another team, but he's just proven that he's not good enough for us, so I'd rather try someone else. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Guffie said:

We must be after two keepers.

I have to say, what we're being linked with is extremely underwhelming.

I know it ain't actual signings but they've been ***.

1 hour ago, Dan1234 said:

Not sure I'd have him back but he was very poorly handled. Finally found a bit form with us and England then was never seen again. Especially considering he was been kept out by bloody Aaron Connolly.

No he wasn't. Just another random stick to beat Connolly with not based in truth. 

He came back from England and started the next 2 games. As did Connolly. After that, Connolly started one more game all season and balogun started one more game all season.

Both were kept out by sporar and watmore. If you're going to have a go, at least make it based in truth mate.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?