oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

6 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

It was his first season of senior football. Before then he had only played one league game and a couple of cup games. I would think even if they rated him highly, they didn’t want to take a risk with him being a mainstay of the promotion charge. It does seem strange though that he didn’t get any games after January. They  must have had injuries to other players even with a large squad, for example. 

That of course supports your point about not wanting him as only midfield signing for us. On the other hand, If they only want to loan him out, and Bournemouth aren’t greedy with a loan fee, he could be a good gamble. His wages won’t be high  as he is on a long term contract signed before he broke into their team. They will also probably recognise that he might not be ready for 46 championship games in a season yet.

You've kinda highlighted my concerns here.  We're trying to put together a promotion challenging squad so we can only sign him to be a back up player essentially if we assume what you've said is correct.  I dunno mate, he's actually one of the only players we've been linked to that I wouldn't mind that much, at least compared to some of the other names.  Maybe the intention is to bring in some squad players early doors to decrease the pressure on us to sign the key players we know that we need 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Jean Michael Seri has left Fulham and Hull City are in for him maybe he is someone we could try for

Would’ve thought he would be on an absolute fortune in terms of wages

• Like 1
On 5/24/2022 at 5:37 AM, SmogDane said:

Jonas Lössl has been released from Brentford ... 

Solid keeper ... 

We should offer him a deal

The last keeper they released and we took didn't work out, iversen for me even if it blows a large part of the budget 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Something tells me Hull don’t have that sort of money. 😂

Don't know what there new owners have. He was on £90,000 at Fulham and they opted to against the additional year option they had for him. It's a no from me on him though. He'll probably going somwhere like Turkey or Saudi Arabia.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Would’ve thought he would be on an absolute fortune in terms of wages

He’ll be out of contract so will be on 0 quid. He hasn’t exactly torn up trees at Fulham. 

2 hours ago, DocMartin said:

Fully agree that those highlights show only a part of the significant duties required of a keeper in the style we play specifically, there was next to no evidence he commands his box aerially or indeed as a sweeper keeper (bar one pass out). However, I would take some issue with his shot stopping ability. He made some good reaction saves in so far as he stopped the ball entering the net from a shot or header, but I can’t recall a single one where he held onto the ball though, he parried every one, some into dangerous areas indeed. I am not suggesting that he should be holding onto all by any means, however, a few of those he should have held instead of a one handed parry all the time. 

I have no problem based on that were he to come as a backup and on a free, but as a No1, based on those highlights, I’d be very wary for the reasons outlined. I still would sooner have Iversen if a deal could be done for 1st choice.

I can’t see there were many saves there that were catchable by most keepers we could afford. Those highlights had a huge number of close in reaction saves. Keeping them out of the net was some achievement in many of the cases. I suspect they didn’t bother including the more straightforward saves. if we have to choose between a keeper that can make reaction saves and one who catches more often but isn’t quite as good at the reaction saves, it’s no contest from me. A parry into a dangerous area can still be cleared by the defence or the chance missed by the attack. Miss the save in the first place and it’s a goal against you. Obviously it’s a balance, but on those highlights, I think he could do well for us.
If we had a keeper making those saves this year we would have been well into play offs. He seems to be happy shouting and organising as well, which is another plus.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Also looks like burnley are hiring Kompany

I’m surprised by this. Aren’t Burnley in some kind of financial trouble? Surely Kompny would want financial backing? 

I don't know much about Kompany's style of football, but I feel like he'd need quite a big turnover of players who've been had Dycheball ingrained into them, and obviously bought with that style in mind. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I’m surprised by this. Aren’t Burnley in some kind of financial trouble? Surely Kompny would want financial backing? 

not sure if its financial trouble as they havnt spent much in a long time, i think its more that the owner is prioritising the repayment of loans he made to the club of 65 million.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don't know much about Kompany's style of football, but I feel like he'd need quite a big turnover of players who've been had Dycheball ingrained into them, and obviously bought with that style in mind. 

All I know about Kompany is a Guy named Tomlin turned him inside out 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, RiversideRed said:

Probably edging our bets that Forest may be willing to pay more to make sure they get him permanently.

If they win the play off match!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?