oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

11 hours ago, mackie2424 said:

I read something regarding George Friend a few pages back the other day and I would be totally all for it, would add some great leadership and the fans would surely be right behind him still and as a left sided centre back I think he could do a real job for us even if just as a back up option.

he was finished 4 years ago nevermind now

• Like 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

18 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't think so.

He got dropped after having a really poor run of form and they sold him with less than a year left on his contract. 

If I remember correctly, he never fully recovered after breaking his ankle I think.

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Why will Howsons future be clear next week mate? You heard something? 

From a conversation I have had we can’t officially offer him a contract until 1st June as it’s a reduced offer contract. 

6 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I think Leeds may have been a decent shout for Howson if they went down but would be surprised to see him leave now.

I think he will stay but I imagine there will be other offers on the table for him. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, LBP said:

He must know last season was a certified fluke 

Agreed, the standard last season in the Championship was extremely poor in comparison to other seasons. 

Luton will be back into mid-table this season.

27 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

From a conversation I have had we can’t officially offer him a contract until 1st June as it’s a reduced offer contract. 

I think he will stay but I imagine there will be other offers on the table for him. 

According to the EFL regulations:-

67.2        Any Club wishing to re engage a Contract Player whose contract is due to expire on 30 June must, save as mentioned in Regulations 67.2.1 to 67.2.4 below, notify him in writing by the third Saturday in May in the final year of his contract whether or not they offer him terms of re engagement specifying (where applicable) such terms.

That regulation seems to suggest the opposite - we should have already offered him a new contract or told him we don’t want him. ( Sections 67.2.1 to 67.2.4 deal with clubs involved in play offs or cup finals, so aren’t relevant to us this year).

33 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Agreed, the standard last season in the Championship was extremely poor in comparison to other seasons. 

Luton will be back into mid-table this season.

Will probably be joining Bristol City in mid table

• Like 1

I would hazard a guess that Luton don't pay the highest wages in the Championship and with the backing of their owner Bristol probably put together a package that he knew Luton wouldn't and probably couldn't even get close to. He's a mid to upper Championship level Player looking for financial security so can't blame him for taking the Robin's offer.

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

You can offer a reduced contract whenever you want, and we have. 

• Like 1

A good article from Craig Johns of the Evening Gazette: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-markets-striker-search-transfer-24088452

An interesting few lines towards the bottom of it caught my eye: 

A quick look reveals that, for example, exciting Bristol City prospect Antoine Semenyo will enter the final year of his deal this summer and has impressed under Nigel Pearson this season, netting eight goals and assisting 12. Still just 22, Celtic and a few Premier League clubs are said to have scouted him in the last six months, while Nottingham Forest had a bid rejected in January.

I really like the look of Semenyo so really hope that it has been wrote with some inside knowledge. The exact combination of our forward two is hard to guess, well aside from the general traits of one dropping deeper and the other playing on the shoulder of opposition defences. Nothing has particularly worked under Wilder here so it's hard to know what to expect. His most recent success was at Sheffield United, which consisted of McGoldrick dropping deeper and Sharp leading the line, but I've got no idea whether it's any indication of the sort of thing we're trying to build this season.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 3
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?