oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

I don't get the hype with Gyokeres. Seems solid but not the stupid prices thats been banded about everywhere. Seems massively overhyped to me. Tailed off spectacularly towards the back end of the season too

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

I don't get the hype with Gyokeres. Seems solid but not the stupid prices thats been banded about everywhere. Seems massively overhyped to me. Tailed off spectacularly towards the back end of the season too

All depends on the price for me, hes young still with his best years ahead i think he would be a really good fit for wilders system also he scored 4 in his last 8 games of the season so wouldnt exactly say he tailed off

Here's hoping Spence has a screamer today, on one of the biggest stages. There's a real opportunity for us to add £5m+ to his price tag on one game alone.

• Like 4
51 minutes ago, 2plus2 said:

Here's hoping Spence has a screamer today, on one of the biggest stages. There's a real opportunity for us to add £5m+ to his price tag on one game alone.

Idk I hope Forest lose. 😂

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

Comfortably the best striker at the Riverside this last season IMO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

He is certainly someone I would like to see in a Boro shirt.

He excelled in all he did at the Riverside………. bar score that is, so he would slot in seamlessly 🤣

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, CrazyL said:

Maybe in that game yeah, but for me he's not even top 5/6 in the league imo. Been hyped up to massive levels. you'd have thought he's the next Batistuta the way some of the fans have been going on 

2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Maybe in that game yeah, but for me he's not even top 5/6 in the league imo. Been hyped up to massive levels. you'd have thought he's the next Batistuta the way some of the fans have been going on 

He maybe has been overhyped due to the performance against us but there is no doubting he would be a considerable upgrade on what we have/had. People definitely need to taper their expectations of the quality of the likes of Gyokeres/Twine or whoever else we bring in. 

Wilder needs to consider what type of strike force he wants to go with. I'd personally love a Gyokeres/Twine partnership as I think it'd compliment well. I do have some concerns on Wilder in this department though. 

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

He maybe has been overhyped due to the performance against us but there is no doubting he would be a considerable upgrade on what we have/had. People definitely need to taper their expectations of the quality of the likes of Gyokeres/Twine or whoever else we bring in. 

Wilder needs to consider what type of strike force he wants to go with. I'd personally love a Gyokeres/Twine partnership as I think it'd compliment well. I do have some concerns on Wilder in this department though. 

Oh yeah not arguing that he's a very good player, but hes being billed as the second coming for quite a few. Maybe he is in relation to the crap we've had who knows 😂

11 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

He was the 7th highest scoring striker in the league this season, and most of those ahead of him were signed for significant sums.

Brereton Diaz cost £7m, Mitrovic cost £22-27m, Grant cost £15m, Solanke cost £19m.

Piroe, Weimann and Gyokeres were all signed for £1-2m.

Obviously if we were to sign Gyokeres, he'd cost significantly more than that now, but most of those above him are even further out of our price range.

I think Nottingham Forest getting promoted is best for us. It should help drive up the price for Spence, they’ll likely be a bigger promotion threat than Huddersfield next season and I’d fancy our chances of transfer targets picking us ahead of a Championship level Huddersfield, rather than a Championship level Forest.

• Like 3
On 5/28/2022 at 1:38 PM, GrimsbyBoro said:

From a conversation I have had we can’t officially offer him a contract until 1st June as it’s a reduced offer contract. 

I think he will stay but I imagine there will be other offers on the table for him. 

I would have thought he'd be nailed on to replace Fernandinho at Man City.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?