oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

Maybe after internationals are done. It's not 100% done yet but its looking likely

So he is an international. Mmmmm

Just don't see the point in sending Payero back to Argentina, guy hasn't really had a fair chance to shine. A preseason with the team would do him a world of good here.

Can't help but feel Wlder has decided he's not for him so now we're cutting our losses already.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

So he is an international. Mmmmm

Guess who is away with ROI. A one Mr Lenihan.

I am having far too much fun with this than I really should

Just now, Weasel said:

Just don't see the point in sending Payero back to Argentina, guy hasn't really had a fair chance to shine. A preseason with the team would do him a world of good here.

Can't help but feel Wlder has decided he's not for him so now we're cutting our losses already.

Given Wilder's recent-ish comments about the South American leagues it would suggest we are ready to cut our losses, it's not a loan to help him get up to speed with European football. It would be a loan to put him in the shop window for River Plate, Boca etc.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Guess who is away with ROI. A one Mr Lenihan.

I am having far too much fun with this than I really should

It’s definetly him isn’t it. I hope so

17 minutes ago, Weasel said:

think if he has its down to him coming on and getting injured instantly

15 minutes ago, Will said:

Given Wilder's recent-ish comments about the South American leagues it would suggest we are ready to cut our losses, it's not a loan to help him get up to speed with European football. It would be a loan to put him in the shop window for River Plate, Boca etc.

we should be looking to loan him to Portugal or Spain rather than sell. kids got talent, if he doesn't flourish under wilder than he will somewhere else. if we sell him off and he ends up going to porto for 1mill after doing well for boca for eg. he could end up being a high value asset. rather it be us that own him in that scenario.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

think if he has its down to him coming on and getting injured instantly

That would be extremely harsh in my opinion. Plenty of quality players have had first seasons plagued by injury then gone on to smash it. Could've just been really unlucky with the injuries he's picked up.

I do fear that we're going to do what we usually do and bring in a bunch of players designed for a Wilder system who our manager specifically wants, with little resale value, who we'll then be stuck with once he inevitably leaves or it goes tits up.

2 minutes ago, Weasel said:

That would be extremely harsh in my opinion. Plenty of quality players have had first seasons plagued by injury then gone on to smash it. Could've just been really unlucky with the injuries he's picked up.

I do fear that we're going to do what we usually do and bring in a bunch of players designed for a Wilder system who our manager specifically wants, with little resale value, who we'll then be stuck with once he inevitably leaves or it goes tits up.

i dont think wilder will be going anywhere any time soon. gibbo will stick with him for a few years I reckon. we did do what you said though. constantly signing players to fit a certain style to then sack the manager and change the style. maybe the reason we jumped from pulis to woody then back to warnock. maybe we thought players we had would be better suited to his style after we failed so badly at 'playing football' under woody lol

7 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Well if it is true is probably harsh, but then if he isnt going to play him then he will need to get him off the books for FFP, nothing seems to have been really announced yet. 

But the club and manager are those who personally know the guy, know how he trains and know how much effort he has made to get to speed with english football and being part of an english team.

personally I'd give him another season to get up to speed or even send out on loan in england to toughen him up,

but if he has made next to no attempt to learn the language and get up to speed with the championship then they enough motive there to move him on that we wouldn't see.

When people first mentioned he might be going out on loan or leaving fully I was shocked and thought he was worth keeping on, but when you look at it thinking he may be going out on loan or leaving, and see once he was fit after that injury he was not involved in any matches during the run in (and could have easily been brought on in the last matches) that to me looking back kinda confirms he was probably protecting him from further injury so he could get him off the books. 

I do feel you are going to have the issue with players for a manager when the manager may leave one day, but cant use that as an excuse to not buy players, just in the same way you shouldn't force players onto the manager if they object heavily and end up with the reverse of that scenario.  The resale value is going to be a re-occuring theme I think with the free agent market being highly populated at the moment, but then these players are not going to have much of an expense behind them when they are no good to the club.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-middlesbrough-dig-their-heels-in-over-player-exit-after-west-ham-scouting-mission/

"Middlesbrough are planning on keeping hold of Isaiah Jones this summer with Football League World understanding that there’s a “no-sell stance” within the club when it comes to bids for the wing-back. (...)  Football League World have been told that Middlesbrough will not entertain any offers for Jones this summer and have a “no-sell stance” when it comes to bids."

• Like 9
9 minutes ago, Weasel said:

To be fair, signing players to fit a particular system would be a step up from our normal transfer windows. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?