oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

they got him for peanuts the season before and now want 7+ million lol. what a joke the transfer market is. they can keep him. he was an average finisher at best with a good hold up game.

A conversion rate of only 18%, the lowest in the top 15 strikers in the championship last season would support your point, yet he had 66% shot accuracy, the 3rd highest in the top 15..........so he is not as prolific as we would like and seems to shoot straight at the keeper 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, RiversideRed said:

Fans are laughable. There's a lot more to being a striker than goals and assists.

Please actually watch football.

That's certainly true for strikers who play for us. Be nice if we had some who could do either of those things.

Just now, macapes said:

And if we were on the other end of that deal I'd be outraged.

He could go and sign for Man City for twice as much as spurs might pay for him.. who knows

Just now, Essuuaitch said:

how does a striker that scored 86 goals in two consequetive seasons suit you. cos weve been sounding one out from what ive heard.

the last 2 seasons? 

1 minute ago, Essuuaitch said:

how does a striker that scored 86 goals in two consequetive seasons suit you. cos weve been sounding one out from what ive heard.

stockon district sunday league was it mate haha

2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Fans are laughable. There's a lot more to being a striker than goals and assists.

Please actually watch football.

A strikers first job is to score goals, anything after that is a bonus.

If a milkman only delivered milk to your doorstep twice a week instead of the six times a week you pay him for and the other 4 times he left it on a neigbours doorstep, would he be a good milkman?

So let's summarise.

In his first season at a newly promoted team he got 22 goal contributions (17 Goals, 5 Assists).

He's a mobile target man who's physical with good hold up play that brings others into play.

He's hungry with a good workrate. We've seen that first-hand at the Riverside this season.

He's recently received international caps. He's young having just turned 24.

I get where people are coming from that this is his first proper season.

But you've got to be realistic. You ain't going to get the above on the cheap. It's going to cost you at least £7m-£8m.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

If a milkman only delivered milk to your doorstep twice a week instead of the six times a week you pay him for and the other 4 times he left it on a neigbours doorstep, would he be a good milkman?

maybe the milkman passes to his apprentice and he delivers on the other days. haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

not the last 2 seasons but not too long back , it was 44 one season then 42 the next ,not 86 in each btw. plus hes an international and not quite sunday league but slightly better as it was scotland .

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, macapes said:

His form also dropped off dramatically after the first 11 games of the season for Coventry.  

In as much as he had a dry spell in the middle of the season after a whirlwind start.

He scored 9 goals in his first 11 games.

He scored 8 goals in his last 21.

The former is brilliant, the latter is still good.

1 minute ago, Essuuaitch said:

not the last 2 seasons but not too long back , it was 44 one season then 42 the next ,not 86 in each btw. plus hes an international and not quite sunday league but slightly better as it was scotland .

You lost me at Scotland.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

So let's summarise.

In his first season at a newly promoted team he got 22 goal contributions (17 Goals, 5 Assists).

He's a mobile target man who's physical with good hold up play that brings others into play.

He's hungry with a good workrate. We've seen that first-hand at the Riverside this season.

He's recently received international caps. He's young having just turned 24.

I get where people are coming from that this is his first proper season.

But you've got to be realistic. You ain't going to get the above on the cheap. It's going to cost you at least £7m-£8m.

This is where the scouts/Scott really come into play. We've seen a lot of him and know his attributes, they need to be the ones to say whether he is a one season wonder or if he's a perfect fit for our system with potential to get even better. If it's the latter, 7mil is a snip. 

3 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

I get the comparison you are trying to make but it does not work. A

strikers role is multi-purpose in terms of goals, assists, hold up play, link up play etc

A milkman's role is very singular. To deliver milk to your doorstep. And possibly shag his customers wife's and girlfriends.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

In as much as he had a dry spell in the middle of the season after a whirlwind start.

He scored 9 goals in his first 11 games.

He scored 8 goals in his last 21.

The former is brilliant, the latter is still good.

9 in 11.  8 in 35.  One is great.  The other is Sporar. 

Flash in the pan, or consistent? Big question for someone who was £1m a year ago.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?