oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tmcc said:

i did a quick search there were plenty more players, i just CBA getting them all, i thought a quick sample was enough to prove my point . and of course more players fail than suceed, thats the nature of transfers, there always a risk. But your stating you want proven championship loanee players who can come in straight away and do the business, that's just not a realistic transfer stance unless you have huge sums of money to throw at players. Getting a hot prospect in the England set up (Balogun) is about as good as it gets in the loan market without breaking the bank.

except his goal record...

Portugal is ranked the 6th best league in Europe, i think you're downplaying its quality massively, . The quality in much higher than Scotland and much higher than the Championship. And that should be the main point, if a player has 1 in 3 record in a league with quality higher than ours, i cant see how that would make them not good enough for us.

you are putting words in my mouth as iv never said i want sporar leading the line,Im sticking up for  Sporar in relation to you saying you would have taken Davis over him at the start of last season, Despite Davis being 23 at the time with 1 in 25 goal record. I just can't see how you come to the conclusion that "yeh that guy with 3 goals in his whole career who turns 24 this season, hes the guy we need to lead our attack". Over a striker who was a proven goal scorer whose only downside was 1 bad season in one of the best leagues in europe...

Finally with Parrott, yes if he had a similar record to Sporar on the continent I would take of course. Who wouldnt? Sporar has a good record (1 in 2 goal record), and a 1 in 3 record in the 6th best league in europe, i dont understand why you think that dosent make a player good enough for the championship? Emil Riis was playing in a much worse league than Sporar and only had a 1 in 4 record.. he's come to  England and proven his worth, Same with Gyökeres.  And again before you say thats a small sample, thats the nature of transfers, most dont work out.

Also with Parrott again you put words in my mouth. I never said i wanted him leading the attack, he isnt my first choice, I named him along with 3 others at spurs who it would be good to get in the spence deal (carter vicker, Clarke or parrott). I never said he should be starting for us and have repeatedly said that he would be a good 5th choice.

We need two strikers (gayle and Gyokeres It looks like), then Coburn Watmore and the 5th choice as Wilder likes 3 strikers on the bench. I think we could do a lot worse than Parrott has been my point all along. Finally i just don't agree with your perception that hes not good enough based off one poor season when he was 18. He's still only 20 and just had a great season in league 1and  he's broken into the ROI squad.

Forest showed last season you can bring in good championship players with enough experience on loan  without breaking the bank. 

You think the Portuguese league is a better standard than the championship outside of the top 3 teams? It's a different style of football and nowhere near as intense or competitive. Of course the top 3 teams drag the standard of the league up massively but most of the other teams are poor with little finance. 1 in 3 is not a good return playing for sporting in that league and the fact they seemingly can't wait to get shot of him and there was little competition for his signature last season speaks for itself. If he had a 1 in 3 record for Braga I'd more inclined to say there was potential of him doing well because there you would need to do alot more to achieve that but he did nothing for them

Anyway nobody is loaning us a 20 year old that has little chance of breaking into the team when they are trying to develop him so now you have made it clear you meant 5th choice there's not really any more to discuss about him. 

We are never going to agree here let's see how next season pans out and which players do well and which don't then let's revisit this.

• Like 1

It's interesting that DL has been given a four year contract as well, hints that Wilder could see him as a starter.

Generally you would only see 2-3 year max contracts given to 2nd choice/back up players.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm guessing that one.

I'll have to give it a watch myself.

The jump between the fine for a yellow (£10) and a red is kind of ridiculous, Boro fine players who get a red card a weeks wages 😂

• Like 1

Having Fry Dijksteel McNair Lenihan and Gibson to choose in a back 3 would be the strongest in the league for me. All capable of covering for a different position in the 3 too would be class 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Will said:

The jump between the fine for a yellow (£10) and a red is kind of ridiculous, Boro fine players who get a red card a weeks wages 😂

£10 is ridiculous. I'd suggest it doubles for each yellow received.  Crooks would end up paying us to play.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Being able to speak English doesn't rule out foreign signings. Most Europeans can speak better English than half the people in the UK.

Quick, get the list of Danish players ready again!

19 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

The original poster mentioned it being a loan this season with an obligation to buy next summer.

At which point he will have one-year left. 

but we will buy him based on having 2 years of his contract left, that's what the other guys point was. Norwich will not go well you loan him for a year then pay what you would after a year, they will be wanting paying as if we buy him right now, we just delay the start of the payments for year by the loan.

obligation to buy loans are only done to allow a club to buy someone under ffp without it coming out their current ffp budget, just like how we sold rhodes to sheff wed as they didnt have the budget for him in ffp at the time.

12 minutes ago, Will said:

£1000 fine if your urine is too dark.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Anyone heard anything on Howson?

nothing, I'm guessing with their being zero speculation on him then he probs just enjoying his time off, as if was trying to get leverage for better deal or a move else where I would assume they would be plenty of reports in the papers as can't see him not being wanted by other clubs

1 minute ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

You think the Portuguese league is a better standard than the championship outside of the top 3 teams? 

its not what i think or what you think, its literally ranked the 6th best league in Europe in coefficiency rankings only behind the big 5  (France, germany, england, Spain, Italty) its not up for debate. 

Also,  there are at least 4 good teams in the league that are way above any championship side (Braga, Porto, Benfica Sporting CP). But your point was if took them out and them leagues crap, you could make that argument about literally any league if you took the 4 best teams out.

8 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Anyway nobody is loaning us a 20 year old that has little chance of breaking into the team when they are trying to develop him so now you have made it clear you meant 5th choice there's not really any more to discuss about him. 

but they do have a chance a  great chance.  5th choice still makes our bench as wilder has 3 three strikers on the bench for every game. this means that even as 5th choice he would get loads of game time in a wilder system as he subs both strikers in almost every game.

22 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

We are never going to agree here let's see how next season pans out and which players do well and which don't then let's revisit this.

agreed, we have some actual transfer to discuss now rather than our hypotheticals haha

• Haha 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?